|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » Will WoW keep me interested?

Default Will WoW keep me interested?

November 7th, 2010, 06:19
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Play DDO instead. First, it's free and second, quite a few from here play a lot, and finally we have our own RPGWatch Guild on Khyber!!
Edit: I just tried downloading it on the office computer. For some reason it hates turbine and won't let me connect to their servers. I'll have to try it later this month when my gaming rig gets here.
Last edited by jakebaker13; November 7th, 2010 at 06:31.

jakebaker13

Watcher

November 7th, 2010, 14:24
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
To say it bluntly:

You should be aware that you will probably stop playing anything else if you enjoy WoW. We're talking 1000s of hours. Your backlog will get longer and longer.

So if you want diversity, don't even start playing MMOs.
100% agree with Gorath on this.

When I started playing WoW when it first came out for about a year I didn't play anything else, the combination of the good game-play and good friends I played with in my guild was very addictive .

Since then I've been in and out of WoW and other MMO's and always balance my gaming time with single player games. Even though I just re-subbed to WoW I'm also playing other games right now like- Nehrim, all the GOG.com classic games I missed the first time around like Icewind Dale 2 which I'm playing right this moment.

So yeah it can be a gaming balancing act with any MMO but it can be done with a little self control lol. Plus I end up enjoying both types of games more this way, not getting burnt out on either.

Warmark

Sentinel

November 7th, 2010, 15:06
I honestly don't think this will be a problem for me. When I first started playing Guild Wars I played for eight hour stretches but after a week or so I went back to playing Halo 2 with my friends like normal all the while maintaining my character in GW.

jakebaker13

Watcher

November 7th, 2010, 16:20
Originally Posted by jakebaker13 View Post
Edit: I just tried downloading it on the office computer. For some reason it hates turbine and won't let me connect to their servers. I'll have to try it later this month when my gaming rig gets here.
Quite possibly they have closed the required ports in the firewall at your work. I can't connect to any of that stuff at my work, not without some sort of proxy tunnel.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

November 7th, 2010, 16:53
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
To say it bluntly:

You should be aware that you will probably stop playing anything else if you enjoy WoW. We're talking 1000s of hours. Your backlog will get longer and longer.

So if you want diversity, don't even start playing MMOs.
Boy, that's no lie. My poison of choice is DDO, but you're 100% correct about all other games getting squeezed out.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » Will WoW keep me interested?