Quantcast
Australian - pre-built Garmin PC? - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Tech Help » Australian - pre-built Garmin PC?

Default Australian - pre-built Garmin PC?

July 6th, 2016, 10:16
G'day,
This a question for Australian gurus if I might. Of course other opinions/suggestions are welcome but getting machines built overseas he is not exactly cheap or straight forward.

So, a little history. I bought an Alienware aurora r4 less than 3 years ago. In that time I've had two motherboard failures, a cooling system failure and now one of my AMD 7950s has been cooked. So very dissapointed, unhappy etc.

I appreciate I could get a new motherboard, video card etc. and salvage/reuse what still works with the Alienware. What would be reusable? Basically, the power supply, case, hard drive 32GB DR3 memory and cd drive. However as one card has already cooked, some rare disk errors are occurring I think the motherboard and cooling issues has compromised the main components. Now I am NOT a hardware person but one I trust agrees. I will look at reusing what I can as an option.

However, I am also looking at just getting a new pre-built gaming machine. No I don't want to build one myself for many reasons including a chronic health condition so please do not suggest as it isn't feasible. I do have someone I trust to do so but I'd like a warranty as well as or rather personal support.

So, any suggestions for companies in Australia who assemble/build gaming machines? Or who can import one from overseas? If an import suggestions/recommendations for who to have build/assemble one overseas?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer

July 8th, 2016, 01:14
I use these guys http://ijk.com.au/ they're in Sydney.

They have prebuilt systems or you can choose all the bits and pay them to put it together. The system I have is 5 years old now, only the GPU has failed in that time (a few months ago). I did choose all the components myself and have upgraded all the disks at various times. The case, MB, RAM, PSU are all still chugging along (touch wood). The case is/was a pretty good one which keeps everything reasonably cool and I open it up and clean all the dust out of it every few months.

-kwm
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner

kaos_war_monk

Sentinel

July 8th, 2016, 09:59
Thanks!!

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Tech Help » Australian - pre-built Garmin PC?