|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher 2 - Polish Release Date May 17th

Default The Witcher 2 - Polish Release Date May 17th

November 17th, 2010, 14:52
I remember having an interesting discussion (I think it was in a newsgroup) about a game… He talked about Two Worlds (=TW), I was talking about the Witcher (=TW), which lead to some confusion :-)
(And yes, I'm a little bit suprised, too, because I didn't know that there already was a release date for the game. But I'm probably just uninformed…)
Irian is offline

Irian

Atheistic Pirate

#21

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Posts: 131

Default 

November 17th, 2010, 15:04
Originally Posted by Irian View Post
(And yes, I'm a little bit suprised, too, because I didn't know that there already was a release date for the game. But I'm probably just uninformed…)
I don't think you were misinformed. This is the first I heard anything about it as well. Even Neoseeker didn't know about any kind of release date before this:

Though we weren't aware of any previous set date, CD Projekt RED (CDP) says they've decided to delay the release of their RPG The Witcher 2 for polish, to May 17, 2011. Specific dates per territory are not yet known.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.
skavenhorde is offline

skavenhorde

skavenhorde's Avatar
Little BRO Rat

#22

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 5,408

Default 

November 17th, 2010, 15:08
Seriously I hope its not like all dtps games were you have to wait months of a year for the final product overseas.Scattering releases is a terrible idea.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

#23

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Potato Land
Posts: 10,693

Default 

November 17th, 2010, 18:46
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Seriously I hope its not like all dtps games were you have to wait months of a year for the final product overseas.Scattering releases is a terrible idea.
For each voice in this direction, you have another saying 'if the game is finished for my region why delay it so I have to wait for a minority translation in mongolia and changes to fit with the cultural practises of timbuktu to be finished before I can play it?'
kalniel is offline

kalniel

SasqWatch

#24

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,877

Default 

November 18th, 2010, 10:36
So they need 4 months to play test the game? because this is how i understand referring to bugs and polishing .
Original TW is like 20h game and you can play test all of it's quests , paths etc in less than a week, why they need 4 months?
Tragos is offline

Tragos

Tragos's Avatar
Otinanist

#25

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens (the original one)
Posts: 1,439

Default 

November 18th, 2010, 10:43
Originally Posted by Tragos View Post
So they need 4 months to play test the game? because this is how i understand referring to bugs and polishing .
Original TW is like 20h game and you can play test all of it's quests , paths etc in less than a week, why they need 4 months?


You should visit planet Earth one day, and perhaps talk to a few Q/A people

The Witcher was NOT a 20 hour game, and a complex CRPG (even if it was a 20 hour game) DOES NOT take a week to playtest. It takes months and months to do properly.

I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
DArtagnan is offline

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#26

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 15,258

Default 

November 18th, 2010, 11:18
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post


You should visit planet Earth one day, and perhaps talk to a few Q/A people

The Witcher was NOT a 20 hour game, and a complex CRPG (even if it was a 20 hour game) DOES NOT take a week to playtest. It takes months and months to do properly.

I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Mmmok , so someone played DAO , Oblivion , TW 1&2 , Arcania , Gothic 3 & 3 1/2 , Risen etc etc for months ? so how do obvious game breaking bugs slipped in and how could some very bad mechanics choices failed to get Dev's attention ?

Since i have never worked in such a project i will not claim that i know what i am talking about but using "properly" as key word in your post looks like CDPR are the only guys that plan to do so.
Tragos is offline

Tragos

Tragos's Avatar
Otinanist

#27

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens (the original one)
Posts: 1,439

Default 

November 18th, 2010, 11:21
Originally Posted by Tragos View Post
Mmmok , so someone played DAO , Oblivion , TW 1&2 , Arcania , Gothic 3 & 3 1/2 , Risen etc etc for months ? so how do obvious game breaking bugs slipped in and how could some very bad mechanics choices failed to get Dev's attention ?

Since i have never worked in such a project i will not claim that i know what i am talking about but using "properly" as key word in your post looks like CDPR are the only guys that plan to do so.
Are you saying most developers/publishers are not doing enough in terms of the Q/A process?

Agreed 100%.
DArtagnan is offline

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#28

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 15,258

Default 

November 18th, 2010, 11:59
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Oh dear, we've got a serious issue here. Well, yeah, and the release date hurts, though it will be nice to have something to play in May for once. No, what I'm talking about is abbreviations.

TW2 = Two Worlds 2. You can't use it for the Witcher 2. Maybe just W2? Or tW2 if you folks are into the case sensitive stuff. Or better yet, say Witcher 2. It really isn't that hard to type.
Two Worlds 2 = 2W2
The Witcher 2 = TW2

There, problem solved.
DeepO is offline

DeepO

DeepO's Avatar
deep outside

#29

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Prague
Posts: 2,332

Default 

November 18th, 2010, 12:02
Originally Posted by DeepO View Post
Two Worlds 2 = 2W2
The Witcher 2 = TW2

There, problem solved.
That won't help much, as TW2 would still be confusing for people unaware of the above agreement.

So:

2W2
W2

Have a nice day
DArtagnan is offline

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#30

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 15,258

Default 

November 18th, 2010, 12:24
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
W2
Oh, c´mon now, everyone knows W2 = Wizardry 2, that would be, like, most confusing ever.

Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Have a nice day
This .

As for the OT, May 17th is fine with me. TW2 FTW, hopefully.
DeepO is offline

DeepO

DeepO's Avatar
deep outside

#31

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Prague
Posts: 2,332
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher 2 - Polish Release Date May 17th
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:05.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch