|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang: River of Time » questbook and map are weird.

Default questbook and map are weird.

June 3rd, 2015, 16:41
Hello,
maybe there's an easy way around this, but for some reason my quest book and map seems to be quite useless.
I'm in the very first town, and I got a couple of quests - get a book for a kid in a church, hunt down some bandits with funny names, gather mushrooms, etc. None of witch shows up in my quest book. Even after I completed them. There're only the two main quests (finish your training; gather info about pirates), and that's it.

Similar deal with the map. It shows the fast travel points, the anvils, and one or two quests seemingly at random (for whatever reason the only two showing up is the "gather info on pirates", and the "collect mushrooms"). No "people" or any other thing that should be present.

Is it a bug, a design flaw or am I doing something wrong?

standardbearer

Traveler

June 4th, 2015, 16:10
"Mini-quests" aree indeed not entered into the quest book, I have no idea, why.
Have you patched the game already ?
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

June 5th, 2015, 15:13
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
"Mini-quests" aree indeed not entered into the quest book, I have no idea, why.
Have you patched the game already ?
I guess so.
It's the english retail version, it is supposedly patched up already ( I also installed Ergo's addon pack).
It seems to be a design problem though - later in the game, almost all the quests are listed in the book. At earlier quests however, some info can be found on quest items, so I didn't get all lost. Also, I filled the map with notes, which is a great feature and made me get through the starting town. I had to play it "oldschool" so so speak, it is still a great (yet uneven) game.

standardbearer

Traveler

June 6th, 2015, 14:13
Yes, that "mini-quests don't sjhow up in the book" is even so in the German-language version of the game. I wondered, too.
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

Tags
quest book
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang: River of Time » questbook and map are weird.