|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Winter Voices - Those Who Have No Name Screenshots

Default Winter Voices - Those Who Have No Name Screenshots

November 19th, 2010, 05:49
Nine screenshots for the next part of Winter Voices, named Those who have no name can now be viewed in our gallery. Winter Voices is a game that is released in parts, which are available in two week intervals.

More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 19th, 2010, 05:49
Has anyone played this? I sort of missed it when it was released last month. I'm at least intrigued by the art direction and think it looks like a higher end indie title. Not really a fan of episodic content in general except for Sam&Max where I thought it worked well.

Looking through the general rpg forums and it got widely panned upon release and nobody really commented on it.

figment

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor

November 19th, 2010, 06:14
I think I will wait unti all episodes are out before considering it. If they made combat as tediuos as the reviews made it sound, it needs a really strong story to support it. Also all episodes taken together, it will be rather pricey for an indie game. Still, i like the art and the artsy premise.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

November 19th, 2010, 06:42
Sounds like a plan. I've got way too much of a backlog as it is to be picking up stuff on a whim especially if its gameplay is suspect. At $5 per episode I could pickup quite a few legitimately good titles from gog and have a better idea of what I'm getting.

figment

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor

November 19th, 2010, 10:45
Same here, il wait till all parts are released. Dont like the episode idea at all.
Looks more the promising so.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

November 19th, 2010, 14:24
looks like it could be multi-character, but I only see one character (and a crow) in most screenshots

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

November 20th, 2010, 11:34
I'm waiting on this one to be completed or for the reviews to start getting better.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

November 22nd, 2010, 21:10
knowning nothing about the game myself i would like to state the following:
while waiting 'til all the episodes (or dlc) are released is good for the consumer from an economic perspective and fine in regards to large devs/publishers like EA or Bethesda. for small outfits though it defeats the purpose and you will be unlikely to see all of those eposides since these devs are often self bankrolling development or have marginal capital investments that create basically "pilots" for their games and if everyone even remotely interested and or put off by $5 or $10 for a short episode says NO then dead becomes the game and maybe developers.

Most recent episodic games i've not really had an interest in like Sam and Max or American McGees Grimm Tales. Siege of Avalon was however great back in the day and helped to bring back of love of PC gaming for me.

curious

liberty or license

November 22nd, 2010, 21:12
What is the story about? I have to say that the combination of the title and the 'feel' of the visuals don't grab me at all, but I'm trying to reserve judgement.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

November 22nd, 2010, 21:25
I'll let you know, as its worth $5 (I'll skip lunch today) to test it out, judging it solely by it having the crow pictures and dealing with winter. I'll post some thoughts this holiday weekend.

curious

liberty or license

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Winter Voices - Those Who Have No Name Screenshots