|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Big government reaching again

Default Big government reaching again

November 23rd, 2010, 04:06
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
You know, we get these kinds of questions already. A checkin attendant will ask us these kinds of questions rather than a security officer. They probably don't pay attention, though…
You'd be surprised. Next time they ask you, "Has anyone put anything in your luggage without your knowledge?" remind them that without your knowledge means you don't know and can't really answer the question. They enjoy that somebody's paying attention and it breaks their monotony a little.

So far, Dad dte hasn't gotten a body cavity search over it, so you should be safe.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

November 23rd, 2010, 04:16
Don't know, I have yet to find one of those airport security types with a sense of humour!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

November 23rd, 2010, 04:24
That's with the counter attendants. Dad dte's made a scene a couple times when TSA tried to overstep their authority (trying to take his laptop out of his sight, for one) but those folks definitely don't know how to laugh and based on my limited experience are probably too stupid to get anything deeper than a knock-knock joke.

Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

November 23rd, 2010, 05:59
By pay attention, I mean REALLY pay attention to your demeanor as well as your answer. No pyschographing going on there…

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

November 23rd, 2010, 09:04
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
but those folks definitely don't know how to laugh and based on my limited experience are probably too stupid to get anything deeper than a knock-knock joke.
I see you've been to Detroit Metro Airport.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 23rd, 2010, 14:25
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
That's pretty interesting. So they don't determine WHO produced the work and give that specific person the money? They just divide it up?
The GEMA works in practise like kind of a … club ? It's a company, but the musicians and artists re … what I'd call "members".

So the GEMA gets money from every record that is licensed by the GEMA and the money is given to its "members".

Non-momebers, however don't get any proceedings like that.
The AG Wort is a similar thing - or so I understood it.

And now the AG Wort wants to have its share of printers (PC printers etc. ), because they believe that the are mainly used for printing copyrighted meteril.

If I print my OWN writings with such a printer - how am I supposed to get my money back ?

Edit : It's VG Wort - I mixed it up. Uh, I'm sorry.

VG Wort (in German language only, they don't even have English-language pages : http://www.vgwort.de

GEMA FAQ (mixed German/English, uh …) http://www.gema.de/en/page/faq/
More FAQ (in English) : http://www.gema.de/en/members/news/faqs/
And more : http://www.gema.de/en/customers/information/

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 23rd, 2010, 14:29
Originally Posted by hishadow View Post
How do you americans feel about the new airport scanners?
We just call them "naked scanners" or "nude scanners" here.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 23rd, 2010, 14:57
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I see you've been to Detroit Metro Airport.
That's one of them.

Actually, there's a bitch at the Indianapolis airport that's got notoriety across the country as being among the worst out there. Unfortunately, she wasn't the one that got punched up there a couple days ago.

dteowner

Shoegazer

November 29th, 2010, 17:34
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-20023922.html

Apparently, Big Government isn't wasting any time flexing their new muscles. 70 web sites snatched.

dteowner

Shoegazer

April 19th, 2011, 16:36
It's my thread and I'll necro if I want to…

Evidently, the bureaucrats in New York don't have enough to do, so they've decided to save the children. Save the children, dammit! Getting drugs off the street, teen violence, crappy education system, no jobs? Hell no! We've got to keep the kids from playing freezetag and kickball.

And y'all wonder why I want to eliminate big government.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/…crease_su.html

State bureaucrats have identified a potentially deadly hazard facing our children this summer - freeze tag.

That's right, officials have decided the age-old street game - along with Wiffle Ball, kickball and dodgeball - poses a "significant risk of injury."

dteowner

Shoegazer

April 19th, 2011, 16:42
One word : "IDIOTS!"

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

April 19th, 2011, 17:34
It's 'elf and safety gorn maaaddd

[/cockney]

Benedict

SasqWatch

April 19th, 2011, 17:45
Dodgeball has been under assault nationwide for a long time. As a former short, scrawny kid that was always picked last, I can understand there being some inherent danger in the game. But damnit, that is what makes men men!

Ohh and have I mentioned lately how much I hate living in a blue state sometimes?

The idiots in Albany have few peers. They are basically playing nero right now.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

April 19th, 2011, 21:30
Well that's pretty ridiculous. I don't like the nanny state, but if both parents have to work to make ends meet, then someone else has to pick up their responsibilities…

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

April 20th, 2011, 01:14
Just so long as they leave street hockey alone!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

May 24th, 2011, 19:16
http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/24/us…out-a-license/

Thrasher is welcome to pretend it never happened since Michael Moore isn't reporting it.

It started out as a hobby, a way for the Dollarhite family in Dixa, Mo., to teach a teenage son responsibility. Like a lemonade stand.

But now, selling a few hundred rabbits over two years has provoked the heavy hand of the federal government to the tune of a $90,643 fine.
“This cage is a quarter-inch too small, you’d have to have this replaced,” the inspector told Judy Dollarhite, she recalled.

In fact, there are no actual written USDA standards for what constitutes proper care of a rabbit by a wholesale breeder of pet animals, Sacks said. Instead, the process is a “negotiation” between a USDA official and a breeder when they apply for a license.

dteowner

Shoegazer

May 24th, 2011, 21:26
More trash from the DailyCaller. Gee, thanks for the crap, DTE!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

May 24th, 2011, 22:00
If you don't want to deal with an issue, complain loudly about the source and hopefully nobody will notice your inaction. Got it. Thanks for the consistency, Thrasher.

dteowner

Shoegazer

May 24th, 2011, 22:27
You know, gorillas at the zoo are at least funny when the throw their shit at you.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Big government reaching again