|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Dragon Age » Dragon Age: Origins » I just finished

Default I just finished

November 20th, 2010, 17:11
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
Huh? what's all this about Harrowmont being a poor choice? I supported him and didn't notice any bad consequences… what are you talking about?
I'll divert you to someone who chose Harrowmont

CelesteGB

Watchhamster

November 20th, 2010, 19:08
Well, I more and more get the feeling as if I should restart the whole game, completely, because I might hve done somthing wring without noticing.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 20th, 2010, 21:32
Huh? what's all this about Harrowmont being a poor choice? I supported him and didn't notice any bad consequences… what are you talking about?
Spoiler – ….

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 20th, 2010, 21:33
Spoiler – Orzammar - Epilogue

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

November 20th, 2010, 21:49
Ok, thanks! That part didn't sink in during my Epilogue, I think I was distracted by other stuff I thought was more interesting. I played a mage and wasn't really too bothered about what happened to the dwarves after the final battle.

Philistine

Watcher

November 20th, 2010, 22:18
The whole dwarven thing was awesome. Doubly so if you played a dwarven noble!

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

November 20th, 2010, 23:16
I just want to make this clear : I'm pro choices - I just don't want to have to meddle with politics within a game.

And thus choices in terms of politics - not my cup of tea.

Choices in terms of stealing etc. - yes, but of course !

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 20th, 2010, 23:22
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
I just want to make this clear : I'm pro choices - I just don't want to have to meddle with politics within a game.

And thus choices in terms of politics - not my cup of tea.

Choices in terms of stealing etc. - yes, but of course !
If you don't care just pick one. The game will work either way.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

November 20th, 2010, 23:26
Glad you enjoyed the game! I made it through 4 times so far (that includes DAO and Awakening plus any of the DLC where you got to play your Warden except for that Golems of Angaraak one).

By far my favorite was a dual wielding dagger rogue (his face is my current avatar on this forum). I was very consistent with my party, with 3 of the times through it being Dog, Alistair and Morrigan. I played once as en elf Warrior and had Wynn most of the time for that one.

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

November 21st, 2010, 02:16
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Glad you enjoyed the game! I made it through 4 times so far (that includes DAO and Awakening plus any of the DLC where you got to play your Warden except for that Golems of Angaraak one).
Ahem… 4 times? Have you played anything else since DA was released?

I enjoyed DA, but I didn't think it was *that* good. I'll definitely replay it someday, but by the time I was finished with everything, I was more than ready to say goodbye.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 22nd, 2010, 22:41
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Ahem… 4 times? Have you played anything else since DA was released?

I enjoyed DA, but I didn't think it was *that* good. I'll definitely replay it someday, but by the time I was finished with everything, I was more than ready to say goodbye.
I was a bit starved for an RPG game in my style. I don't like fixed protagonists so games like Witcher, ME, etc., don't appeal as much. I finished the 4th game in late October so it was spread out from the purchase date. Besides some minor MMORPG dabbling (very minor) it was the only game I played this year.

I also replayed with new DLC as it came out and a few mods for Alistair. It was also the first game I played with a diverse set of characters that appealed to me. I am a little burnt out now though

However now that I am done with it I am enjoying Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout 3 (although after FNV, FO3 is a little blander … although still fun and me and Dogmeat are enjoying exploring).

I also just ordered Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga so that will be for Xmas playtime. I am a little wary about DA2 though so I have not pre-ordered it and don't plan on it being a "must have" game yet.

Even though I really dislike fixed protagonists I still may get Witcher 2. I have liked what I have seen and if I can get past the lack of RP, in the context of creating my own character, and focus on the story and choices you can make in the game, it might be fun.

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

November 22nd, 2010, 23:43
Wolf, did you get the PC version of Divinity IIragon Knight Saga? If so, from where? I live in Canada and can't seem to find a boxed copy.

I'd add more but I have the stomach flu today and am feeling REALLY sorry for myself hehe. Oh and my husband had to go out of town and another child has it. Hmmm sounds like a good reason to buy something just to console me and make me feel better

CelesteGB

Watchhamster

November 23rd, 2010, 01:15
I got it on Steam. Not my first choice but it was the easiest way for me to get it. It is for the PC.

Hope you feel better soon!

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

November 23rd, 2010, 01:17
A new game always seems to make me feel better, Celeste! ='.'=

On the poisons, I generally rolled w/ simple old Concentrated Deathroot Extract or Crow Poison on my blades. Aside from the additional damage, they have a nice stun effect now and then that really pounds the final nail in the coffin of the enemy. BAM *stunned** bam bam *stunned again** …. *taps starts playing*

The recipes are expensive, but worth it IMHO. What else are you gonna spend your money on??

On the grenades and traps, I generally went fire and ice, with some surprisingly brutal shrapnel/claw traps mixed in now and then. Death by claw trap, ouch

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

November 23rd, 2010, 01:19
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
However now that I am done with it I am enjoying Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout 3 (although after FNV, FO3 is a little blander … although still fun and me and Dogmeat are enjoying exploring).

I've been playing FO3 on and off for about 6 weeks now, and I think it's a fantastic game. It gets a bad rap from a lot of people, but I consider it one of the better crpgs I've played recently, and one of the all time best for exploration. A few mods for balance are definitely a must though, imo. I also have FO:NV, but I don't want to start it until I'm finished with FO3.

I'm with you guys on Divinity II: DKS, I think it looks pretty good. I'm going to hold out for a retail boxed version though.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 23rd, 2010, 23:37
Somehow missed this discussion! I too think DKS looks promising, but all this DA talk is making me want to try Awakenings. I had almost forgotten how good DA is..

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

November 23rd, 2010, 23:55
Thrasher, I'm going to replay DA shortly but remember…we'll never get to our unplayed pile at this rate

And I'll be getting Divinity 2 shortly. I have the original Divinity 2 but I'm a sucker for enhanced stuff with the new edition of DKS hehe.

CelesteGB

Watchhamster

November 24th, 2010, 01:46
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
I had almost forgotten how good DA is..
Dragon Age is indeed a very fine and polished game. It's fun to play it, imho !

If only this dirt was not there … Regarding my personal hate of this "blood" thing and everything "gritty" in this game, Dragon Age is to me like a real beauty dressed in rugged, dirty clothes or even rags.

Sad, that it doesn't shine through it, at least not as much as I'd want it to.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 24th, 2010, 02:09
But didn't you like romancing and kissing while covered in blood?? Btw, I think there is a mod for no blood or something.

CelesteGB

Watchhamster

November 24th, 2010, 02:31
Yes! That's a good reminder for the next playthrough.

I haven't looked at the mod scene for DA, but if there are texture enhancements, I'd definitely try those out. Plus any other annoyances they've managed to hack out.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Dragon Age » Dragon Age: Origins » I just finished