|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » 2h v.s 1h swords

Default 2h v.s 1h swords

October 8th, 2011, 01:22
Does anybody have any tips for using a 2h sword? I started out with sword and shield but started over because I downloaded a qp, cp1.74 and cm2. I wanted to try something different this time. Am I making a mistake? I plan on learning magic spells (not scrolls) for distance along with my bow just to mix it up a bit. I appreciate any feed back! Thanks

insurancegod

Traveler

October 8th, 2011, 01:51
You don't need the bow if you have magic.
Magic is overpowered. You can easily shoot everything down with a fire spell and some ice as backup for fire resistant enemies. On the other hand bows are fun in G3.
The choice of weapons doesn't matter, I think. Choose what you like.

Make sure to read the manual for the CP before you start. You have to configure a couple of things, and your decisions are final.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

October 8th, 2011, 19:54
I found 2H swords less than useful. Their advantage is in range, but the 1H self forged bastard sword also has decent range and is faster. The most useful 2H weapon seems to be the halberd with long range.

2H axes are IMHO the worst weapons in all the Gothics. So slow and short ranged that their high damage never comes into play.

Zaleukos

Bum

February 8th, 2012, 04:34
My favorite 1H weapon is a Self-forged, Sharpened Longsword. Excellent damage and long reach. For 2H weapons, I always use a Sharpened Halberd. Very long reach and high damage. I use it for mobs and going up against Trolls and Ogres. If you time your swings well, they'll rarely lay a glove on you.
For Magic, the good old Fireball is outstanding. Hold down the Left Mouse Button and release for a guided missle effect. Deadly. Same with Lightening Bolt.

Zephyr

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » 2h v.s 1h swords