Alpha Protocol - v1.10 Patch

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Looks like we might have missed a v1.10 patch for Alpha Protocol last week - although the fact that the .exe replacement from a few months back was also labelled v1.10 makes it confusing. This one actually lists some fixes and removes the copy protection. There are two versions - NA retail and "EU, Czech, Polish, Russian and Digital Download Versions", which seems an odd collection. According to a poster at Qt3, it seemed to work with his Steam version but I'd suggest caution.
* To resolve activation issues, PC copy protection has been removed.
* In Moscow during the assault of Brayko's Mansion, the player could get into a situation where a door would not be openable preventing progression through the rest of the level. This has been fixed.
* In Taipei, during the Stop the Assassination mission, the user can fall out of the world if they reload the "Exit Gardens" checkpoint. There was also a problem where if the player backtracked, part of the level might not load in properly. This has also been fixed.
* In the same mission, a problem with subtitles was corrected.
* In the museum in Rome, the game could crash when using Focused Aim to kill the NPC holding Madison in the elevator.
* Bosses could get stuck in an accelerated mode when Fury wears off.
* Chainshot was exploitable to slow time and get critical headshots without consuming its cooldown.
More information.

I've patched my Steam game with the digital download version and had no problems.

I enjoyed it un-patched. Even as un-polished and as lacking as some elements of the game were it was still a good (I said great here...but um, that ain't true) game. Of course if you expected FPS combat then you were an angry lil bitch after playing.

Nice to know they bothered to patch it for when I replay it in a year or so.

I'm really kind surprised this happened at all. I guess SEGA aren't as dickish as publishers as other giants would be. No way Activision/EA/Atari would have paid them to make a patch. Then again they could have done it out of their own pockets.

Would love to be able to increase the FOV. Difficult for me to enjoy the game with blinders on.

I bought the Steam version ($7.50 on sale last week), and it auto-updated to version 1.10.

Ah - I couldn't see an update listed anywhere on/in Steam. I had a huge amount of fun with this and only Fallout: New Vegas has edged it out for my favourite game of the year.

Got AP from the last week's sale as well and have had enough time to play most of the Saudi missions through. To my pleasant surprise, I've been enjoying AP quite a lot. Granted my expectations were pretty low, due to all the bad press AP received, but none the less I've had reasonably good time with it so far. Sure, there are gripes and things I would've wanted done differently (namely, cramped and "limited" level design plus braindead and blind guards), but at least for 7.50 euros it's good enough. There are a precious few non-fantasy CRPGs, so just because of the modern setting this game deserves a tip of the hat.

P.S. I absolutely hate the timed dialogue. I guess it's OK for native English speakers, but for those with English as a second language it is horrid.

P.S. I absolutely hate the timed dialogue. I guess it's OK for native English speakers, but for those with English as a second language it is horrid.

Your mileage may vary, I guess? I don't like the execution (the timer starts before you get to hear the end of the dialogue), but I didn't really have many problems with it.

Yeah, that's really getting on my nerves so far. It's bad enough that I have to pick a response to a sentence that hasn't been finished yet, but sometimes the response titles don't seem to have anything to do with what I thought they meant.

The other thing that annoys me is the set points for actions. You can climb on one ledge, but not another that's exactly the same height. You can drop down right here, but not 3 steps to the left.

That said I've only done one mission outside of Saudi so far and I hear that's the least impressive part. It's certainly not a bad game so far, so hopefully I'll enjoy it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom