|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - Jan 25 for US and UK, 1M Sales in Europe

Default Two Worlds II - Jan 25 for US and UK, 1M Sales in Europe

December 9th, 2010, 00:49
TopWare has released a PR announcing a coordinated January 25th release for both the US and UK versions of Two Worlds II. They also announce 1 million sales in Europe and take a dig at Southpeak by disputing the UK rights were "sold" back, saying Southpeak "relinquished" them:
TopWare Interactive taking TWO WORLDS II TM to the UK
Launch Date slated for January, 25th2011 for the UK and North America

Las Vegas, Nevada – December 8th, 2010
Happy Holidays from TopWare Interactive! We're proud to announce that Two Worlds II, the major turnaround sequel of the year, has recently broken the one million unit sales mark in Europe after just three weeks on the store shelves. And, the momentum doesn't appear to be slowing. More than sixty magazines have awarded or reviewed the game as being exceptional, and player feedback has been tremendous as well.

As many know, the North American, Irish and UK release of the next installment in the Two Worlds franchise has been pushed back to January 25th, 2011. Contrary to an earlier December press release in Europe by TopWare's publishing partner: South Peak Games, has relinquished distribution rights in Ireland and the UK to TopWare in order to focus on their North American marketing campaign. The rights were not purchased back by TopWare, as was previously reported.

TopWare Interactive’s, managing director, James Seaman, had this to say: "Both TopWare and South Peak want our game to get the attention it deserves. South Peak wants to give the North American market 100% of their attention, and we're happy we were able to take some of the weight off their shoulders. Two Worlds II really is a labor of love, and after seeing how far the game has come, the fans are going to be blown away in January!"

TopWare also plans to open a UK office within the next six months that will support the press and all of the retail community in a positive and comprehensive fashion.
Thanks also to Inside Two Worlds for similar news.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 9th, 2010, 00:53
1 million copies without UK and US in mere three weeks. A real success for a non-US origin RPG.

Gokyabgu

Sentinel

December 9th, 2010, 01:23
Game could of been great but instead its only a good game.Good news for Topware.Hopefully we will see a better part three in the future.One suggestion dont include multiplayer content in the singleplayer campaign.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator
Last edited by Couchpotato; December 9th, 2010 at 05:23.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

December 9th, 2010, 01:32
Yes i was thinking the same thing . 1 million , if thats accurate that is a lot of sales. And i think the US. really wants to get there hands on this game regardless of what reviews are saying about the game . Im happy for the people that created the game , you can tell they put a lot of work into it . i know its not perfect . High sales will mean more support for the game, patches, expantions, TW3 maybe.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

December 9th, 2010, 02:31
hmmm, release date goes from the first week in January (IIR) to the last week in January . . .

Hopefully, this game will be all patched up and filed with late release goodies.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

December 9th, 2010, 04:26
Two Worlds 2 has just arrived in Taiwan. I'm picking it up this weekend.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

December 9th, 2010, 06:22
Honestly hearing about this game since it's release makes me less interested. I will probably still get it but probably not till the price comes down alot.

Saxon1974

Sentinel

December 9th, 2010, 11:10
Impressive, I hope it gives them the money they need to make a solid add-on that can set certain things straight. It still has a lot of untapped potential.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

December 9th, 2010, 13:49
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Impressive, I hope it gives them the money they need to make a solid add-on that can set certain things straight. It still has a lot of untapped potential.
I really hope so. After importing the Royal Edition, I only played about 8 hours. The game has so much potential, and I'm hoping that either a massive patch or a add-on of some sort gets released with the NA & UK editions come January 25th…

spiraling69

Sentinel

December 9th, 2010, 14:04
Originally Posted by Gokyabgu View Post
1 million copies without UK and US in mere three weeks. A real success for a non-US origin RPG.
I think this game might be a hit in eastern europe. But this is only a guess by me.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

December 10th, 2010, 00:24
a really big number… too big. think they made it up to create more buzz.

toltec7

Watchdog

December 10th, 2010, 11:51
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
I think this game might be a hit in eastern europe. But this is only a guess by me.
I think you're right, and that actually makes me question if it will be a hit in the US. I'm not sure the markets are the same.

kalniel

SasqWatch

December 11th, 2010, 07:38
ohh Topware…don't think i forgot Restriced Area. Maybe I should just import it after all, though I think I'll try and hold out for a gold/gameoftheyear/complete edition.

curious

liberty or license

December 11th, 2010, 08:37
Restricted Area? WTF did Topware have to do with it?

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

December 11th, 2010, 09:07
my bad Gorath, don't know why I thought it was them who published Restricted Area. Yeah Topware is alright, I enjoyed both Gorky 17 (Odium) as well as Septerra Core. Its weird though as both those games here in the states were published by by Monolith which I remember. I guess Topware bought them out? And I remember Southpeak as the publisher for Two Worlds, so I guess I never associated any game with them though I for some reason Restriced Area popped in my head. I'st weird that their based in Nevada, not a de,v but they publish a handful of european games…strange.

edit:\
regardless Jan is a much better date than the orginal release which was right in the thick a heavy release window of some high profile games.

curious

liberty or license

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - Jan 25 for US and UK, 1M Sales in Europe