|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect 3 - Officially Announced

Default Mass Effect 3 - Officially Announced

December 13th, 2010, 21:50
Again, an official announcement. EA seems to like early preorders, because you can already slap your cash down for Mass Effect 3:
Today BioWare is pleased to officially announce Mass Effect 3. Mass Effect 3 is the sequel to the 2010 action-RPG of the year, Mass Effect 2. You can now PRE-ORDER your copy of Mass Effect 3.
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the earth.
In related news, ME3 will be coming to all three platforms. From twitter (thanks, VG247):
Mass Effect 3 is coming to Xbox 360, PC and….. PS3! Don't forget ME2 hits PS3 next month.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 13th, 2010, 21:50
Good news for any ps3 owner.It looks like microsoft lost is exclusive status on masseffect.Lets not forget it will make EA even more richer, probably a few more million units to b sold.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

December 13th, 2010, 22:12
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Good news for any ps3 owner.It looks like microsoft lost is exclusive status on masseffect.Lets not forget it will make EA even more richer, probably a few more million units to b sold.
Microsoft lost its exclusivity to Mass Effect in 2007 when EA bought out BioWare. Mass Effect 1 on the 360 is the only game in the series to not be published by EA.

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

December 13th, 2010, 22:49
Originally Posted by Dwagginz View Post
Microsoft lost its exclusivity to Mass Effect in 2007 when EA bought out BioWare. Mass Effect 1 on the 360 is the only game in the series to not be published by EA.
Thank you Mr. Obvious. Its only sarcasm you know.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

December 14th, 2010, 06:12
Pre-order a year before… <sigh>

Well, if you really think there's going to be a lot of inflation coming….

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

December 14th, 2010, 13:05
I think this 1-year-pre-order timeline is for then a good source of statistics : How many die-hard fans do exist out there who would do ANYTHING for the series ?

And even more important, probably : On how many people has the ME series made SUCH an impact that they just can't wait until the next gme arrives ?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

December 14th, 2010, 15:15
Yes pre-orders are to give the game company a heads up on the popularity / supply and demand of the product. I never pre -order a game except recently i pre- ordered GRIM DAWN to help along with the production of the game and they put your name in the credits as a THANK YOU ! I think that is cool . Gamestop invites you to put you or your mommy money down on a game that wont be on the shelf for years . Who does that ???

rich ruffo

Sentinel

December 14th, 2010, 15:25
Originally Posted by rich ruffo View Post
Who does that ???
Well most shops in the UK don't charge for pre-ordering, and better, won't even charge you until the game ships. Add that to other incentives like always getting the lowest price advertised at the store throughout the period, and upcoming increases in prices due to various inflationary pressures and suddenly pre-ordering games like StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3 at around 20 when they release at 35 plus is a rather smart financial decision. You can always cancel if you don't like information that comes out nearer release date.

kalniel

SasqWatch

December 14th, 2010, 16:49
If I pre-order I do it from the Devs gamestore. The one time I got it from the Devs gamestore, I received it on the day of release.

Pre-ordering from retailers, I've had to wait for up to a week, I'd probably gotten it sooner if I just went to the brick and mortar in the next town.

Oh and I only pre-order my favorite gameseries, of which there are only two. The rest I buy when I am actually going to play them from the cheapest online retailer.

edit: I'm not going to pre-order this

JuliusMagnus

Indulgent Wastrel

December 14th, 2010, 17:57
That is a good deal Really . I dont know any shops in the US that give you a discount for pre-ordering especially a phyisical copy of the game . Games like DA2 let you pre-order the game and for another 10 bucks so the total is 70 plus tax you can get extra contant , when we all know they just extract content from the original game put it back into a what they call Signature Edition. Hows that for a good Deal !!!!

rich ruffo

Sentinel

December 14th, 2010, 20:15
If you pre-order from amazon.com they will only charge you the lowest price between when you order and when it ships (and only charge when it actually ships) and often you can get release-day delivery. It may be too early for something like this, though.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

December 14th, 2010, 22:26
Originally Posted by BillSeurer View Post
If you pre-order from amazon.com they will only charge you the lowest price between when you order and when it ships (and only charge when it actually ships) and often you can get release-day delivery. It may be too early for something like this, though.
I don't tend to pre-order until edition details are known, which is often a few months before release anyway.

Amazon are pretty good at release day delivery (At least in the UK), so you'll get it either on release day, the day before (Doesn't apply to the US as much, I believe, due to a Tuesday release date) or the day after.

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect 3 - Officially Announced