|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect 3 - Charting the Plot Points

Default Mass Effect 3 - Charting the Plot Points

December 12th, 2010, 20:54
IGN has a piece called Charting the Plot Points that looks at the some of the major plot points from the Mass Effect series and discusses the situation with a few of the major characters and galactic species. Not quote, because it's all spoiler territory if you haven't played the first two.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 12th, 2010, 20:54
Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed, that piece seems a little bit… chaotic. It starts at a random point and misses some (imho) pretty important ones.

The Rachni, the Krogan, the Quarians, etc. - yes, hopefully there will be some story details depending on how you acted, but honestly, that will most likely be only minor plot elements. The romance option? Important on a personal level, but for the overall plot it's next to meaningless. The base? A big question, fair enough, but not really THE big question.

Honestly, the imho most important question hasn't been mentioned: What are the reapers? Where do the come from (meaning "Who created them?")? Why do they do what they do (harvesting civilizations)?

And this is the big question, concerning ME3's story. Of course, there are other things that make a game nice, but the reason why I will buy Mass Effect 3, no matter if it's a shooter or an rpg, is, that I want to see a nice and creative answer to this question. The answer can either be a good one, creative, perhaps even surpising, but still logical or it will be a bad one, meaning either boring or illogical.

Irian

Atheistic Pirate

December 12th, 2010, 22:37
I don't think that ME3 needs to explain who the Reapers are. I don't mind having a few mysteries left.

What I do hope is that the story has some more substance beyond stopping the Reapers. Perhaps some kind of message. But my expectations are not very high.

Grandor Dragon

SasqWatch

December 13th, 2010, 13:01
Reapers ? Just look at Firefly/Serenity …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

December 13th, 2010, 22:50
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Reapers ? Just look at Firefly/Serenity
Firefly/Serenity had Reavers not Reapers.

mediocrepoet

Wandering Lurker

December 14th, 2010, 13:06
Oh, I always mix both …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

December 14th, 2010, 15:37
Yes, easy to mix… Giant spaceships vs. crazed humans :-)

Irian

Atheistic Pirate

December 14th, 2010, 16:14
I reather meant the word. Both sound very similar.

To me, it's like mixing "both" and "booth".

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect 3 - Charting the Plot Points