|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Delayed

Default Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Delayed

December 24th, 2010, 09:38
Apparently Ossian's iOS RPG has been pushed to Spring 2011:
The release of The Shadow Sun has been pushed to the Spring of 2011. We decided to postpone it in order to take the additional time necessary to make it the best game it can be on the mobile platform, with the great attention to detail found in our previous RPGs.

So to our current fans and all those waiting in anticipation for a triple-A, in-depth role-playing experience, The Shadow Sun is still on its way to you. We’ll be sharing more about it in the coming months, but for now, the Ossian team wishes everyone a happy holiday!
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 24th, 2010, 09:38
I wonder if they're having trouble realizing their "vision" on a mobile platform? I have worked on an iPhone game with a friend: the interface is very different from a desktop - that compounded with small screen real estate (iPhone) can be a very big jump from desktop dev. Obviously an iPad is much nicer from a gfx perspective, but the touch interface is still a limited interaction device - although for an rpg I guess this shouldn't be that problematic. I suspect most customers will only have an iPhone though

booboo

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Delayed