|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - GameZone wants five things

Default Skyrim - GameZone wants five things

December 31st, 2010, 19:55
GameZone has put up a list of five things they want to see in this game. One of the five things is that the characters should look better:
Better Looking Characters

Character models in Oblivion were, for lack of a better word, bad. The game's creation tools offered sliders to adjust almost every aspect of a character's appearance, but all the tweaking in the world couldn't make your Breton, Orc or Dunmer look like it wasn't severely beaten with the ugly stick. Believe me, I tried. It also didn't help that Tamriel's emperor resembled that giant turtle in The Neverending Story.

Almost worse than how they looked was the way in which the characters in Oblivion spoke. Not that the voice acting was bad. Far from it (see below). Instead, it was repetitive. Many NPC voices were recycled to the point of annoyance, eroding that sense of immersion game developers work so hard to create. Further adding to the disconnect were the dialogue cutscenes themselves, where the camera would slowly pan into the NPCs face and…stay there. Yawn.
More information.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

December 31st, 2010, 19:55
Seriously?! Is this tongue and cheek? Were I to make a list of things to change from Oblivion, physically appealing character models would rank around 76th place, and that's only if I wasn't getting into specifics.

Santos

Ass-hat

December 31st, 2010, 22:05
I got my guy looking pretty hot actually. Just takes some time fiddling around. Although granted it isn't the easiest thing to do.

Still my wish list of 5 things would be:
  1. Adjust level scaling. Make levelling meaningful
  2. Make choices count! This means you can't do all quests and be in all factions (as two examples)
  3. Have companions (yea I know not popular on this site but I love having them)
  4. Related to above - provide good dialogue with companions and NPC's, as well as quests
  5. Have the world slowly change over time in reaction to your questing and decisions

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

January 1st, 2011, 13:34
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post

1. Have the world slowly change over time in reaction to your questing and decisions
Yes, please :) I doubt it`ll happen soon though…

The whole Gamezone article = filler. Less bugs? A good thing, no doubt, and yet I don`t really remember any serious ones playing on 360. Also: complex gameworld, ok? Models = Santos sums it up above. Besides, why not have some ugly folk (without signposting: he`s EVIL!)? DLC= yeah, the armour was extreme, but it was early days… Voice cast? I`m sure it`s possible to find some quality actors without splashing gazillions on A-listers. (Who come across bland/bad sometimes too). And side quests? Well, they`re actually praising them….

zadokAllen

Sentinel

January 1st, 2011, 14:41
I found Oblivion to be almost perfect to my taste. Just remove the crystal armor from road bandits and make the UI specific to PC (without having to add mods to reduce fonts, etc) and it's the perfect game.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

January 2nd, 2011, 18:08
Kill the level scaling obviously. Hand craft the world and reward the player for risk.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - GameZone wants five things