|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - ESRB Ratings Details

Default Two Worlds II - ESRB Ratings Details

January 5th, 2011, 21:42
For those that care about such things, Destructoid has looked at the ESRB decision on the Two Worlds II rating for the US release ('M', if you didn't know). Naked buttocks appears to have everyone excited:
Players can also slash at unarmed townsfolk who cry out in protest (e.g., "No, please! Stop it! Get away!"); some cutscenes depict creatures that have been impaled on large spikes. Other sequences include references to prostitution and sexual material (e.g., "Men pay women for their company, nothing more. It never becomes physical unless the girl wants it to" and "[He] did force himself on me. He invited me over under the false pretense of discussing an exam I failed.").
One quest allows players to access journal entries that reference explicit sexual fantasies of submission and bondage. In one cutscene, a female character's buttocks are exposed as she seductively approaches a male character. Language such as "f**k" and "sh*t" can be heard in the dialogue.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 5th, 2011, 21:42
who cares… 2W2 turned out to be the king of let downs. The best aspect of this game for me was the very well put together Royal edition that I imported. The game itself has been a big disappointment. I will give it another chance if there is something different/better about the NA release, otherwise I am taking it off the HD for good.

I feel the hard lesson that was finally learned by me is to not believe in the hype. Besides for maybe Diablo III, I will wait for a month or more before purchasing any games I'm interested in the future.

spiraling69

Sentinel

January 5th, 2011, 22:33
I can't really get into the game either. I logged about 7 hours till now but I have the game since release.

But on the other hand I couldn't get into Two Worlds 1 until after about a year after release. So maybe I try to play TW2 again in a bit.

Roi Danton

Sentinel

January 5th, 2011, 23:52
Strange, I like the game. I agree with the M rating though.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

January 6th, 2011, 03:30
Love the game and can't wait for DLC
Oh, and forgot to mention the SDK-the few mods that are already out have made my playtime better

redman5427

Keeper of the Watch

January 6th, 2011, 03:41
I'd probably give DLC a go as well. I did think TW2 had quite good swearing as it happens - quite well integrated and realistic. I don't recall any buttocks. Although a few bits were a little arse.

Alistair

Sentinel

January 6th, 2011, 04:05
Seriously mediocre game.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 6th, 2011, 16:14
Don't agree. I think aspects of it were very good. Strange pacing though. Hope they learn and progress.

Alistair

Sentinel

January 6th, 2011, 18:14
Its a laid back RPG a little dull at times but its gorgeous i can walk around the shore line for hours. Its huge even if the mutiplayer cuts you off. If they can pull off a nice EXPANTION PACK NOT dlc it would give this game a B+. Still like the original better for some reason.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

January 6th, 2011, 19:00
Originally Posted by spiraling69 View Post

I feel the hard lesson that was finally learned by me is to not believe in the hype. Besides for maybe Diablo III, I will wait for a month or more before purchasing any games I'm interested in the future.
Let some more years give you more experience and as anybody you'll learn that expectation and hype lead to disappointment.

Dasale

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - ESRB Ratings Details