Thief 4 - Big Reveal at GDC?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Thief 4 was officially announced some time back but we haven't actually seen anything yet. It looks like GDC (late Feb to early March) might see the game actually unveiled, with NeoGAF noticing a Thief presentation is scheduled. Here's a snip from Eurogamer's newsbit:
According to the accompanying blurb, "Innovative audio has been at the heart of the original THIEF titles and Eidos Montreals new THIEF is no exception, this presentation will mark the first time that the game has been spoken about publicly."
More information.

Off we go then. Boy, it will be tough maintaining a personal blackout on all info but it has to be done. I`ll just buy & see, don`t want to know nuttin` beforehand.

It will be most likely desecrated in an obnoxious manner - but there is (always) a glimmer of hope.

Here, to Looking Glass Studios, arguably, the Best Developer Ever, and to Thief:The Dark Project, my Best-Game-Ever.

Not an RPG, but certainly immerses you in playing a role like no other game.

Well the first 2 anyway.

Please don't suck. That is all.

Thief & Thief 2 (for the fan missions) are and probably always will be my favorite games.

How many people liked Thief? I played the first one for a bit, but gave up on it relatively quickly. What makes that series so special? Is it just the sneaking?

Loved Thief DS, hope it's just as good :)
Holy #$@%! For a moment I thought they made it for Nintendo DS :)

How many people liked Thief? I played the first one for a bit, but gave up on it relatively quickly. What makes that series so special? Is it just the sneaking?

I cant` really answer that...although it should be so simple. Inventing the stealth genre? The brooding, unparalleled atmosphere? Story/cutscenes of highest, even artistic merit? Apart from inventing the genre, being the only game in it that gets the mechanics right? ABSOLUTE TERROR when you play with headphones in a dark room? Genius level design? Physics? Meaningful manipulation of the enviroment?

All of it, in 1998?

Maybe so, but maybe it`s just me.

PS: it`s absolutely crucial you play it on highest difficulty level: it changes the rules - so you can`t kill anyone - and makes the game a tactical cat & mouse extravaganza...

Back
Top Bottom