|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gamasutra - Top Freeware Roleplaying Games 2010

Default Gamasutra - Top Freeware Roleplaying Games 2010

January 14th, 2011, 22:15
Gamasutra, courtesy of IndieGames.com, has a list of the Top Freeware Role-playing Games for 2010. Desktop Dungeons is the only one I've played - expect roguelikes and RPGMaker (or similar looking) games.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 14th, 2011, 22:15
If I'm not mistaken, Space Funeral is the only one of those games that is made in RPG Maker—and even though it's technically a jRPG, it's such a delightfully bizarre game that it manages to transcend the label.

Craig Stern

Traveler

January 14th, 2011, 22:23
A few of them look like they could have been made with RPGMaker, which is what I was trying to say, I guess.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 15th, 2011, 04:46
I've played a bit of Rogue Survivor. That game has potential. It's still in Alpha though. I'm waiting for it to at least get to Beta before I really start to play it. There are too many other games out there that are finished.

I'll defiantly be keeping my eye on RS. When it gets more fleshed out it should be a suitable zombie game to play until Dead State is released.

I've played r09 as well. It's not really that good, imo….it's a nice coffee break style of game, but not really my thing. I'd rather play a few rounds of Delve Deeper than that one.

Desktop Dungeons was interesting for the first hour, but I became bored after that. It's a great freeware game, but again if I want to play a coffee break game I'll play Delve Deeper.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gamasutra - Top Freeware Roleplaying Games 2010