|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What do you do when you're bored ?

Default What do you do when you're bored ?

January 19th, 2011, 01:57
Currently I don't feel like playing any games and most of my friends have exams, so I have started playing online poker during my spare time.

What do you people do ?

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

January 19th, 2011, 03:32
Watch again the 4 seasons of Battlestar Galactica. If I'm really, really bored than I'll watch the whole episodes of The World at War narrated by Laurence Olivier.

Von Paulus

Sentinel

January 19th, 2011, 05:59
Well, I come here!! I also read a lot.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

January 19th, 2011, 08:19
Currently I watch through the ten seasons of x-files. So far Ive reached fourth season. I also watch/read ww2 related documentaries and books.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

January 19th, 2011, 08:56
I watch creationist videos in yt , they cheer me up

Tragos

Otinanist

January 19th, 2011, 09:04
Bored? I am never bored……. I thought that was something for the peasants

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

January 19th, 2011, 09:09
i sleep when i'm bored

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

January 19th, 2011, 09:58
Bored?

Hmm, there's too much entertainment available to be truly bored, at least for long.

But, taking a good long walk can be a good way to get things into a new perspective, and be inspired to try something new.

I find that just DOING something, even if you don't really want to - can make a difference. Suddenly you can be engaged - even when you least expect it.

Also, being creative - in whatever say, like writing, coding, drawing - whatever - can be tremendously satisfying. But it's very hard for me to maintain that creative drive, and I get distracted too easily. But I'd MUCH rather be working on my projects than playing a game - I'm just too lazy too often.

Going on a visit can also work, and being social in general can be a good way to be motivated. People often have thoughts and ideas that might trigger something within you.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

January 19th, 2011, 10:16
I don't think I have been bored for the last 10-15 years or so. There is just too much I want to do and not enough time to do it in.
I wish I could do without sleeping, just for the extra time it gives me.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 19th, 2011, 11:28
Well said. Have to say Im hardly ever truly bored nowadays. Im always either tired and busy or tired but unable to sleep because I want to do somthing. I sleep way too little.

Last time I was truly bored to death was 20 years ago when I was kid and we lived in middle of woods. There were hardly any neighbours and C64 with tapedrive was boring me to death. There was almost nothing but platformers available for the tape. I went to extreme lenghts to find myself somthing to do.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke
Last edited by zakhal; January 19th, 2011 at 11:41.

zakhal

HomelyRebel

January 19th, 2011, 11:29
You don't want to know.

JDR13

SasqWatch

January 19th, 2011, 11:32
Here is an interesting though of the day

"While some people are bored and have too much time, some people just wish they had 1000 times as much time"

I think that is mainly depending on creativity people that are not creative don't know what to do with their extra time. While creative people always have 1000's of ideas what to do with it.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

January 19th, 2011, 11:48
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post

"While some people are bored and have too much time, some people just wish they had 1000 times as much time"

I think that is mainly depending on creativity people that are not creative don't know what to do with their extra time. While creative people always have 1000's of ideas what to do with it.
A bit simplistic

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

January 19th, 2011, 11:59
dear DArt….,

A post doesn't have to take up 2 pages and a lot of valuable time to be complicated and have a lot of insight.

Best Wishes,
GG

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

January 19th, 2011, 12:01
dear DArt….,

A post doesn't have to take up 2 pages and a lot of valuable time to be complicated and have a lot of insight.

Best Wishes,
GG
3+ pages to qualify for the slightest insight!

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

January 19th, 2011, 13:01

It's more that I don't feel like doing anything. I'm supposed to be reading two books and redoing everything I did in C in first year, but I don't feel like it. So I'm bored.

I guess that doesn't make a lot of sense; Having stuff to do, but still feel bored, that is.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

January 19th, 2011, 13:37
Originally Posted by zakhal View Post
…and C64 with tapedrive was boring me to death…re was almost nothing but platformers available for the tape.
Been there… Still, I used to do my homework while waiting for Defender of the Crown or Pirates to load up :)

zadokAllen

Sentinel

January 19th, 2011, 14:03
I guess that doesn't make a lot of sense; Having stuff to do, but still feel bored, that is.
That makes perfect sense….. but according to my reasoning… if you were creative enough you'd find something fun to do as a break or find a way to make the thing you needed to do more fun. Like putting on great music each time you do the dishes……

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

January 19th, 2011, 14:32
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
3+ pages to qualify for the slightest insight!
We're not that bored.

But, seriously: Like Myrthos, I'm not (easily) bored. When I was a boy I could spend a whole afternoon being bored, but not anymore. Too much I want to do, and I've 2/3 of my life behind me (assuming normal life expectancy for a lvl 56 character).

I do get tired if things get monotonous (boring?) and often I loose concentration. But then I try to do something else for a while, exactly what is of less importance.

pibbur

January 19th, 2011, 14:35
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
It's more that I don't feel like doing anything. I'm supposed to be reading two books and redoing everything I did in C in first year, but I don't feel like it. So I'm bored.

Take a walk, a bit of exercise and a sniff of fresh air, for half an hour, then start reading in book A for 1 hour, take a break with some music you like for half an hour, then do the C for 1 hour. You'll feel better afterwards, you may even feel like spending some extra time on your chores.
Do book B next day, according to same plan.

A man should never be ashamed to own he has been wrong, which is but saying that he is wiser today than he was yesterday - Alexander Pope

Omega

Low Profile

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What do you do when you're bored ?