Two Worlds II - Impressions @ Gaming Nexus

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Gaming Nexus offers some early impressions of Two Worlds II after 16 hours play and they've been impressed so far, although the text doesn't really sell it:
Combat, is much the same as in a majority of RPGs, a mix of hack and slash with ranged combat. One of the problems with the game is that the monster AI isn't that strong in working with obstacles in the environment, so you're able to take advantage of this to stay safe and slowly whittle down the power of strong opponents. I've taken out more than one giant scorpion this way. It takes a bit of the fun out of the game to make use of this exploit, but I would have died several more times until I figured out the summoning spells without it.

The primary and side quests don't seem too repetitive yet, especially considering there are only so many ways you can write "go kill this" or "fetch that" quests. The rewards seem commensurate with the risks, though sometimes it may take finishing a string of quests to get a quality reward.
More information.

That says it all really:
Reality Pump, the German developer on the game, spent several years developing GRACE, the engine used in the game
Does anyone do any research before posting on the Internet these days?

[hard cynism]Yes, on non-European games, yes …[/hard cynism]

Hm, yes, that makes sense ... too much for my taste, actually ...

Back
Top Bottom