|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » The Precursors » Any Font Editor (*.fnt) for Precursors available?

Default Any Font Editor (*.fnt) for Precursors available?

February 2nd, 2011, 21:43
Iīve decided to continue working on my german translation for precursors, but couldnīt solve the problem with german "umlauts" like dotted "a", "o" and "u".
Seems like the ingame fonts (main.fnt) canīt interprete these special keys, as there is always shown a russian sign instead.

Furthermore there seem to be no way to edit that font file. After trying a lot of font editors I figured out it must be a special format created by the develloppers. Changing these files and editing the XML files makes the game crash while loading. (Error: no valid signature -> new.fnt)

There is already translated german text from the creators of the game in the qre-editor containing german "umlauts". (ö,ä,ü,ß)
But changing the language from 1 to 5 (for german) in the game.ini file leads to another crash, while trying to load the game. (Error: Could not read stream #10 -> maybe missing german vids?)

Is there anything I have overseen? Is it possible to solve this problem? Unfortunatelly the sdk doesnīt contain a font editor.
So if there is anyone that could give me a hint, I would be very thankfull.

Thanks and best greetings from Germany
Pandur

Pandur

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » The Precursors » Any Font Editor (*.fnt) for Precursors available?