|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age 2 - Demo Confirmed for February 22nd

Default Dragon Age 2 - Demo Confirmed for February 22nd

February 3rd, 2011, 21:18
In this post on the Bioware Social Network, one of the forumites, f1r3storm, posted that EA Germany just confirmed a demo for DA2 on February 22nd for PC, Xbox 360 and the PS3. Greywardens, the fansite, has this to say about the demo. Chris Priestly also made this post on the BSN. There's a demo page up, too. Some info about the free demo.
In the demo, players will venture through the game's prologue, choosing from three different character classes. They'll also learn more about Hawke and hone their skills and abilities that will make them the ultimate hero. After finishing the prologue, players will enter a key new location in the world of Dragon Age, Kirkwall, befriending Isabela, a romantic interest in the game who is also a deadly smuggler. Upon completion of the demo, players will unlock a special weapon, Hayder's Razor, an ancient dwarven blade which increases health, mana, and combat abilities, in the full release of Dragon Age 2.*
More information.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

February 3rd, 2011, 21:18
I bet this'll be the part that was playable at the Games Com, too. The part we already know from the previews.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 3rd, 2011, 23:45
Still given it's not a pre-order at once game for me after seeing all the footage so far published. I do like the idea of being able to play a demo (not many games do demos anymore). When I read about the contents it should give a fair idea of the game, so definitely a try for me.

basharran

Watchdog

February 4th, 2011, 19:59
A demo you can play only if you buy the game, that is not something I have seen before.

If I remember well EA was looking a way to make players pay for a demo, and it seems like they succeed or are close to succeed. The same amount of money sooner means more money ie you'll have pay the demo by preordering.

Dasale

SasqWatch

February 4th, 2011, 21:43
I have bought a keyboard that has a Awesome™ button on it. I'm ready for total Awesome™ness. DA2 is going to be so Awesome™ that we have to pay for the demo.

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch

February 4th, 2011, 23:19
Originally Posted by Dasale View Post
A demo you can play only if you buy the game, that is not something I have seen before.
Huh……?

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 5th, 2011, 02:07
You don't have to buy the game to play the demo.

I think the disclaimer text at the bottom refers to redeeming the unlockable item.

SeanM

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age 2 - Demo Confirmed for February 22nd