|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature: Most Promising RPG of 2011

Default RPGWatch Feature: Most Promising RPG of 2011

February 5th, 2011, 15:26
Originally Posted by KayAU View Post
Is Risen 2 coming out this year? …If Piranha could combine some of the ambition from Gothic 3 with the refinement and polish of Risen…
I suspect the most valuable thing they could do with R2 is improve the console version. If they could make some money from console RPG players, then they'd have more to invest in their work - I think they're still a pretty small team? With the first game, they managed a console version, but it was kind of weak, for no apparent reason.

Alistair

Sentinel

February 5th, 2011, 17:51
played frayed knights, a game i had never heard of untill here, and was suprisingly entertained. other game im intrested in this list is skyrim, liked morrowind alot but for some reason disliked oblivion. hope skyrim is a back to form for betheseda.

Croesus

Traveler

February 5th, 2011, 18:08
To me it's simple: The Old Republic.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

February 5th, 2011, 19:35
also dark souls.

Croesus

Traveler

February 5th, 2011, 19:55
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
To me it's simple: The Old Republic.
Also interested. However, I'm not keen on MMO's that look like cartoons.

Captain Buzzkill

Sentinel

February 5th, 2011, 21:43
Originally Posted by zakhal View Post
Frayed Knights and Dead State seem most interesting. Rest of the list is propably just more of the same I have in the shelf allready.
Agreed, except add The Witcher 2. After watching what they have released I'm very interested in playing that game.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

February 6th, 2011, 00:54
Mine is Deus Ex 3. I love cyberpunk, the Deus Ex franchise and pretty much every piece of news about DX3 I have read so far.

Despite my massive issues with Oblivion I think I am actually looking forward to Skyrim a lot, I have a feeling it might change the series for the better and I just love exploring open worlds like that.

Two Worlds 2, Dead State, The Witcher 2, Dragon Age 2 and Avadon are all on the top of my list as well, and I look forward to whatever surprises come my way. I am just now getting into the indie scene so there is a lot to catch up on and a lot of news to digest.

DoctorNarrative

Patroling Written Words

February 6th, 2011, 02:48
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
I suspect the most valuable thing they could do with R2 is improve the console version. If they could make some money from console RPG players, then they'd have more to invest in their work - I think they're still a pretty small team? With the first game, they managed a console version, but it was kind of weak, for no apparent reason.
They had nothing to do with the console version. Deep Silver outsourced it. I think I read at WoG that PB has taken some measures for future console versions. Whatever this means.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature: Most Promising RPG of 2011