|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - Review @ PCGamer

Default Two Worlds II - Review @ PCGamer

February 5th, 2011, 15:22
Desslock has reviewed Two Worlds 2 for PC Gamer. After not too many words he ends with a rating of 8.2 and the following summary:
TW2 still has plenty of room to grow, though. You can’t fight on horseback, for instance. Many skills are unbalanced—some are of dubious utility while others, such as Alchemy, feel half-baked. The single-player story gets increasingly linear for little payoff; we still get a sizable map out of the deal, but later areas aren’t as fleshed-out since the plot isn’t compelling enough to justify limiting open-world exploration. Multi&shylayer is improved, but is disappointingly mission-based instead of allowing co-op wandering.
Yet it is such a huge improvement over its dismal predecessor that it’s oh-so-close to being an outstanding RPG. Its design just needs some rationalization and focus to achieve something great.
More information.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 5th, 2011, 15:22
I wonder how the side quests are. That's sort of key here for me.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

February 5th, 2011, 19:32
I'm still having a hard time trying to figure out whether Two Worlds 2 is an improvement or a downgrade compared to Two Worlds. The mainstream press seems to think it is an improvement, but then again, they thought Two Worlds was "dismal" and Oblivion was pretty much flawless.

I thought Two Worlds was promising. Unpolished, yes, but far more interesting than Oblivion…yet not quite as interesting as the Gothic games. So, if anybody here felt similarly, and have played Two Wolds 2: what did you think about the game?

Kay

KayAU

Watcher

February 5th, 2011, 20:37
Originally Posted by KayAU View Post
I'm still having a hard time trying to figure out whether Two Worlds 2 is an improvement or a downgrade compared to Two Worlds. The mainstream press seems to think it is an improvement, but then again, they thought Two Worlds was "dismal" and Oblivion was pretty much flawless.

I thought Two Worlds was promising. Unpolished, yes, but far more interesting than Oblivion…yet not quite as interesting as the Gothic games. So, if anybody here felt similarly, and have played Two Wolds 2: what did you think about the game?

Kay
I find the game chaotic, quest wise. Some areas are way to dark. AI is not smart. But graphics are good, magic system is ok, RPG system itself is ok, quest numbers are good. World is not linear.

overall i would rate it above averge at best.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

February 5th, 2011, 22:08
I htought the side quests were pretty good actually. Tastes vary

Alistair

Sentinel

February 5th, 2011, 22:19
I think the orginal game showed tons of potential, but failed short on many areas. Still it was fun in short bursts.i'll likely postpone my purchase untill it's price drops.

Dez

Keeper of the Watch

February 6th, 2011, 03:51
its funny with the somewhat mixed reviews this game is getting that Desslock is so glowing. Maybe he's comparing it to the first one which he absolutely spits upon in his opening paragraph.

Desslock was a huge Morrowind fan and shocked Bethesda when he gave a walkthrough for every single quest in the game a month after release. He clearly likes these open ended games.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

February 8th, 2011, 00:26
Certainly. HE was replaying FO3 for months…

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - Review @ PCGamer