|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » White Gold - 24 Hours @ RPS

Default White Gold - 24 Hours @ RPS

February 17th, 2011, 23:12
Rock, Paper, Shotgun has some first impressions of White Gold, titled The Longest Day: 24 Hours in White Gold.
White Gold: War In Paradise, aka Xenus 2, aka Boiling Point 2 is the free-roaming FPS-RPG we’ve been meaning to take a closer look at for ages. A sequel to the famously mad, broken and ambitious Boiling Point (of which even the patch notes are comedy gold) from original Kiev-based developers Deep Shadows! What could be more exciting? What, indeed. An account of my first in-game day follows. It is a tale of daring-do, heavy drinking, a snake, a beautiful car and an enema.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 17th, 2011, 23:12
LOL, the tone of that article is appropriate. White Gold - like Boiling Point - is overall a very light hearted game, full of ridiculous laugh-out-loud moments that are hard to come by in big budget titles.

And the gameplay's pretty solid too IMO; once the dialogs have be improved and the (several) inconsistencies with the storyline, maps, etc have been fixed by the community, then I think it will be a great game.

I hope Deep Shadows aren't completely defunct, coz I want more of these!

badmofo

Tired but happy

February 18th, 2011, 02:27
Wow, I must need t look further. The game play I have seen focuses purely on the truly horrid voice acting. I mean, it was so bad, I sent links to friends.

Santos

Ass-hat

February 18th, 2011, 11:12
Originally Posted by Santos View Post
Wow, I must need t look further. The game play I have seen focuses purely on the truly horrid voice acting. I mean, it was so bad, I sent links to friends.
Well, you can probably switch the voices off, also I was under impression the focus of gameplay was on running and gunning around huge open terrain :)

zadokAllen

Sentinel

February 19th, 2011, 00:41
If you look beyond the voice acting (which is indeed horrible, you'd better grab that patch which adds rus voices) you'll find a genuinely great game - at least if you like FPS/RPG hybrids with some great features.

cacaro

Codexian Spy

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » White Gold - 24 Hours @ RPS