|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Drakensang - The Dark Eye - Dev Diary #1

Default Drakensang - The Dark Eye - Dev Diary #1

February 3rd, 2007, 04:32
Fansite Drakensang.info has the first part of an ongoing "official" dev diary, with this particular entry talking about the development team:
I start off with the master mind behind Drakensang and our whole company: Bernd Beyreuther. The entire project began with him and his dream of a new The Dark Eye computer game. With the creation of his own company Radon Labs he placed the fundaments to make his dream come true. As Creative Director, he makes sure we keep true to this vision and he is the one that sharpens the teamís awareness of the spirit of The Dark Eye universe.
A German version of the diary can also be found at Drakensang-Welten.
Thanks Avantenor and Alrik!
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 3rd, 2007, 04:32
This looks to have gotten delayed till Q1 2008, sadly.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

February 3rd, 2007, 04:36
The Q1 2008 delay has already been covered on drakensang.info and RPGWatch.

Also, thank me for translate/interpretating yay!

This dev diary isn't very meaningful, being an introduction, and I don't believe we should expect more length from the future ones, but I hope they'll have lots of interesting info.

PS: Dhruin, dear, why did you put quotes on official. Drakensang.net has exclusive rights to the official English dev diary. So it's official. Not "official"

Brother None

SasqWatch

February 3rd, 2007, 05:46
Kharn
"Also, thank me for translate/interpretating yay!"

Thank's me!
Oh and thanks very much Kharn.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

February 3rd, 2007, 11:39
Originally Posted by Kharn View Post
PS: Dhruin, dear, why did you put quotes on official. Drakensang.net has exclusive rights to the official English dev diary. So it's official. Not "official"
That's a point I was also asking myself.

No, these dev diaries won't become much longer, but come consequently every two weeks. It's like a feature of the (second) week. Think, there will come some exclusive informations, too. Maybe not next time, but they will come. Legend has also a german dev diary at onlinwelten, it's the same thing.

ah, btw, thx Vasilii.

A-Van-Te-Nor: A big car full of black hot beverage

Avantenor

Sentinel

February 3rd, 2007, 12:54
Because it said it was written by Avantenor, even though it appeared to be written by a dev and didn't say that it was a translation of the German article. I had to go interstate today and posted this at 5AM, so I didn't have time to read it. And obviously, I have no idea about what rights they do or don't have. So, not having time to work out who wrote it and where, I put it in quotes.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 3rd, 2007, 13:26
Good argument.

It's created by 'Avantenor' because we're not the official site and I got this thing from Olgierd Cypra to put it on the site. I missed to use another Alias as author. Ok, adjusted. Author: Jan Lechner.

A-Van-Te-Nor: A big car full of black hot beverage

Avantenor

Sentinel

February 4th, 2007, 00:58
No problem and I removed the quotes on the front page. It all makes sense now, but it seemed a bit fuzzy early in the morning before I'd had a coffee.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Drakensang - The Dark Eye - Dev Diary #1