|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Preview, Release Date Coming

Default Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Preview, Release Date Coming

March 7th, 2011, 23:30
There's a Deus Ex: Human Revolution preview at IGN titled Consequences, discussing the outcomes from an in-game scenario:
The receptionist at Sarif HQ gives you several options. You can head over to see Francis Pritchard, a scientist who will fix that nasty flickering HUD in your retinal display, you can go to the boss' office and have a conversation, you can head directly to the chopper so that pilot Malik can take you to the manufacturing plant, or you can loiter around the headquarters and explore every corner. How you choose to spend your time in this section will have direct consequences in the next level, and likely the rest of the game.
…and Project Lead Jean-François Dugas has Tweeted that the release date will be revealed this week:
Of course ! The release date will be announced next week! What about that!
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 7th, 2011, 23:30
Well now hopefully sometime soon and not next year due to Square Enix's poor earnings.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 8th, 2011, 01:49
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Well now hopefully sometime soon and not next year due to Square Enix's poor earnings.
They're just talking about an *exact* release date, right? I thought it was already confirmed for a 2011 release.

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 8th, 2011, 01:50
Anything square touches lately I get nervous about, I think mostly because I think because of their poor earnings they will push anything out.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

March 8th, 2011, 02:06
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
Anything square touches lately I get nervous about, I think mostly because I think because of their poor earnings they will push anything out.
True, but just remember that they are only the publisher, and if I remember correctly, the developers have been working on the game for quite some time. Hopefully that means that it will be ready when it's finally shipped.

Nerevarine

Keeper of the Watch

March 8th, 2011, 08:35
Just to let you know Square Enix already delayed this game to give it more time. After the problems they had with Final Fantasy XIV Square Enix decided to change things and let the games have a proper development time instead of rushing them out which is the reason why Deus Ex: Human Revolution was delayed to give it more time for polishing.

PS. When Square Enix delayed this game they said it was delayed to fiscal year 2011 which is anywhere between April 2011 to April 2012.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

March 8th, 2011, 09:47
I'm pretty sure it was all set to go in the April-May timeframe, they even announced the pre-order deals and collector's edition. Amazon put up a March date at some point, acting like they had info. Then it was delayed for polishing, which is a good thing.

Still I can't imagine it will come out later than Summer time. Maybe June or July?

DoctorNarrative

Patroling Written Words

March 8th, 2011, 13:42
According to this, August 26th.

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

March 8th, 2011, 14:01
Indeed, August 26th also at DE3 official forums.

Von Paulus

Sentinel

March 8th, 2011, 14:16
That's a lot sooner than I expected. I won't be surprised if it gets pushed back though…

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Preview, Release Date Coming