|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - UK Release Delayed

Default Two Worlds II - UK Release Delayed

March 4th, 2011, 23:13
Yes, again. Reader Simon writes that Amazon pushed his order to late nex week and Eurogamer notes a similar thing, so it's looking like the 11th or so for now.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 4th, 2011, 23:13
Delayed again what a surprise. The game is definitely cursed.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 4th, 2011, 23:53
Yep, seems that way! Especially to the UK customers, who're… hey, you can still buy it from Ebay apparently, with no issue

Propheet

Watcher

March 5th, 2011, 00:01
Originally Posted by Propheet View Post
Yep, seems that way! Especially to the UK customers, who're… hey, you can still buy it from Ebay apparently, with no issue
The box release was canceled in the US also. Topware let amazon sell the UK copy in the US and see what happened. People who imported it and bought it from gogamer were the smart ones. Really was no need to wait five months or more.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 5th, 2011, 00:40
The box release was canceled in the US also.
News to me. Unless you mean PC box copies. Xbox360/PS3 released in the US with no problem* a while back.

*traditional meaning of the word doesn't apply.

Propheet

Watcher

March 5th, 2011, 01:53
Originally Posted by Propheet View Post
News to me. Unless you mean PC box copies. Xbox360/PS3 released in the US with no problem* a while back.

*traditional meaning of the word doesn't apply.
Yes the pc release that southpeak was supposed to handle and failed at. The whole release was a lesson in how not to release a game.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 5th, 2011, 02:32
Ah, don't get me started on SP. They're the ones that caused all of that delay-after-delay thing. Topware didn't react better either, with radio silence up until the very last hour. SP relinquished/dropped their UK rights to release in January, but SP are also behind the delays from November 2010. Remember the "we want to ensure the best possible product is released" press release (presuming us in EU were to be getting a buggy game) followed by Topware's rebuttal? And then it turned out SP just wanted a "less crowded schedule"… And then constant shortages of copies then some lame excuses that the game's shipment's got wrecked.
One snafoo after another. It's not though a lesson on how to not release a game IMO. It's a lesson in how smaller publishers need to think about what they're trying to do. If they want to put the game on the markets, it's fine. If they want a game to be a leverage for their own financial problems (as seems to have been the case for SP), it's not fine. And each publisher should have a contingency plan obviously… Hard to believe that Topware, who're under the pretty wide umbrella of Zuxxez (you wouldn't believe how big those guys really are… tip of the iceberg ), haven't had the possibility to handle UK after being handed UK publishing. Germany's not that far from UK right?

Propheet

Watcher

March 5th, 2011, 04:04
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
People who imported it and bought it from gogamer were the smart ones. Really was no need to wait five months or more.
Indeed.

I waited for the US release and ended up getting the Royal Edition off amazon. It's a nice big box but the contents are all kind of meh, plus there is no freaking booklet for some reason. I kind of wish I had just spent $30 less and got the game months sooner.

DoctorNarrative

Patroling Written Words

March 5th, 2011, 04:16
Originally Posted by DoctorNarrative View Post
Indeed.

I waited for the US release and ended up getting the Royal Edition off amazon. It's a nice big box but the contents are all kind of meh, plus there is no freaking booklet for some reason. I kind of wish I had just spent $30 less and got the game months sooner.
You should take a look at the Crysis 2 Nano Edition available from the ea store.
Its sold out but cost cost $150. Cant say its worth the money but I'm sure others do. Most big blockbusters seem to come out in three editions.

crysis2_ne_large_4-300x212.jpg

The Crysis 2 Nano Edition is designed for the ultimate Crysis fan and will include the Limited Edition housed in a steel case plus an 11” / 28 cm statue of the game’s hero “Prophet” on top of a New York taxi cab, a high-quality art book, all packaged inside a backpack modeled after the Nanosuit itself.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 5th, 2011, 06:48
Yeah I considered that one but it's too rich for my blood and not very interesting. I like things like cloth maps, art books and lore-related things. Oblivion's Guide to the Empire book is like the perfect extra for me.

DoctorNarrative

Patroling Written Words

March 5th, 2011, 09:04
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
The box release was canceled in the US also. Topware let amazon sell the UK copy in the US and see what happened. People who imported it and bought it from gogamer were the smart ones. Really was no need to wait five months or more.
were we the smart ones? game sucked

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet

March 5th, 2011, 09:08
I was one of the lucky ones who could buy the game from Shopto. After a week Two Worlds 2 PC version dropped to preorder state suddenly, and after a while it was vanished from their database completely. Really a shame for such a decent product. The most funny part of this whole story is they have no real excuse for all that bullshit.

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch

March 7th, 2011, 06:40
I wonder what is going to be in the UK release that is worth waiting for? After the so called shipping disaster in late January, I went a head and ordered the Euro version from GoGamer. The game is in English, I got a manual, and I got a nice map. And version 1.2 has a "look for updates" on the main screen. There is no need at all to wait for the UK version.

BTW, I just finished chap 1 at 48 hours and I'm loving the game.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

March 7th, 2011, 10:22
Maybe they are fixing the god awful inventory system/quest screens. That's by far the biggest problem with the game.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

March 7th, 2011, 14:58
I agree their setup is kinda bad, but since they let you redo the hotkeys, I'm able to get around it. I've got M, for map; L for logbook, I for inventory, etc. I didn't see the need for 5 keys for inventory. I just press I and then click on the needed tab. I could have used 20 hotkeys visible, instead of 10. 10 is too little in a game with tons of weapon/armor switching.

I can overlook this though, because I'm really enjoying the game play. The quests from the various factions overlap, so you'll be pleasing one group and ticking off another. It's very hard to keep thieves and merchants both happy, for instance. I have zero idea how to play the music minigames though, and the manual is quite terse. It seems to expect everyone to have played something called guitar hero….

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

March 7th, 2011, 19:25
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
. . . It seems to expect everyone to have played something called guitar hero….
<High Voice> Nailed it . . . . . </High Voice>
Last edited by Dajjer; March 7th, 2011 at 20:36. Reason: poor typing an editn skilz

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

March 7th, 2011, 20:12
Hmmm, well I played the Nail it mini game in 2W2, but it didn't involve musical instruments

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

Talking 

March 7th, 2011, 20:35
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Hmmm, well I played the Nail it mini game in 2W2, but it didn't involve musical instruments
Wrong . . . .

#%*@ Flute . . .

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

March 7th, 2011, 21:21
Originally Posted by Dajjer View Post
I wonder what is going to be in the UK release that is worth waiting for? After the so called shipping disaster in late January, I went a head and ordered the Euro version from GoGamer. The game is in English, I got a manual, and I got a nice map. And version 1.2 has a "look for updates" on the main screen. There is no need at all to wait for the UK version.
Except it is no longer available on GoGamer…

I am REALLY upset about all the european RPGs that are released without English box versions available: Drakensang: The River of Time, Dragon Knight Saga, and Two Worlds 2.

Not a happy camper.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 7th, 2011, 22:33
I can only guess that no publisher wants to release them boxed ?
I don't know. It puzzles me, too.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - UK Release Delayed