|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher 2 - GOG Drops UK Price

Default The Witcher 2 - GOG Drops UK Price

March 15th, 2011, 13:49
Another newsbit that got lost in my email. Galaad sent news of a GOG price adjustment for UK purchasers of The Witcher 2:
We do our best to provide you with the lowest possible prices here at GOG, and we're happy to announce that we're able to make another great deal here. With The Witcher 2 Digital Premium Edition we introduced the 'Fair Price Package' to compensate for the price difference for customers who pay in Euros and British pounds sterling vs. those who pay in USD. Today we're happy to announce a new, lower price of The Witcher 2 for all UK customers: your copy of TW2 on GOG will only be £29.99. Take advantage of our cool pre-order offer, though, and UK customers will pay only £26.99! If you already pre-ordered the game, the price reduction includes your pre-order as well. This also means the store credit will be given only to customers who buy The Witcher 2 on GOG in Euros, as the price in GBP is now a "fair price" without store credit.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 15th, 2011, 13:49
I love these guys! It costs me less and the developers get more - I hope one day the whole industry works in this way and we'll see an end to all the publisher pandering crap that gets churned out at the moment

bazmod

Watcher

March 15th, 2011, 15:21
Originally Posted by bazmod View Post
I love these guys! It costs me less and the developers get more - I hope one day the whole industry works in this way and we'll see an end to all the publisher pandering crap that gets churned out at the moment
I really, really hope that the GOG.com sales are very good. This would demonstrate that you can sell a AAA game without any DRM and still make money. They apperantly do so with their vintage titles (at least that's what I assume), so let's hope for good sales.

Roi Danton

Sentinel

March 15th, 2011, 16:14
Originally Posted by Roi Danton View Post
They apperantly do so with their vintage titles (at least that's what I assume)
Well what are their development costs for those titles?

kalniel

SasqWatch

March 15th, 2011, 17:08
I wanted the witcher-head so I couldnt order from GoG.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

March 15th, 2011, 21:51
I just hope it goes good for them. If they manage to sell good, it will be great message for slimebags like EA

Twotricks

Sentinel

March 15th, 2011, 22:21
Interesting. This move puts CD Projekt (through GOG) into direct competition with their UK retailers & e-tailers. I wonder what's behind this.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

March 15th, 2011, 22:53
i would NEVER EVER pay full price for a Download game!

i dont like bioware games

turian

Sentinel

March 16th, 2011, 09:57
Originally Posted by turian View Post
whilst I can kinda agree with this and it is annoying that I can buy the same game for less but with more free stuff (collectors edition through somewhere like amazon), in this case I think the ties between GoG and CDProjekt make it worthwhile. I'd simply much rather be giving my money to CDProjekt, or Bioware, or Pirahna Bytes etc… than giving it to EA, Activision and Amazon, and if this model is followed more often then we'll see more quality games.

I'd hate to see the games industry go the way of the music industry

bazmod

Watcher

March 16th, 2011, 14:54
Originally Posted by turian View Post
I can remember how dissapointed I was when pc games went to the double dvd size boxes they are in now. I couldn't believe how they thought they could charge the same when the games clearly came with less cool stuff.

Of course I still buy CDs too. Unfortunately (or not, depending on your POV) the value of an object in your hand just isn't as important to todays consumers as it once was.

All that aside, I like CD Projekt more than 95% of developers out there, and I will definitely be purchasing Witcher 2.

CrazyIrish

Keeper of the Watch

March 16th, 2011, 20:54
3$ less?

i can buy that homeless man thats been begging some food!

"I teach you the Übermensch. Man is something to be surpassed. What have you done to surpass mankind?"
-Some crazy guy that makes me sperge it up

SAGO

Typical RPGWatch user

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher 2 - GOG Drops UK Price