Molyneux - Next Fable Should Amaze

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Peter Molyneux has done the now-traditional mea culpa, telling CVG the next Fable game will "amaze":
The game has accrued a very healthy average Metacritic of 80 - but it's a score which is nine points behind its predecessor.

"I totally blame myself, not anyone upstairs, who all did a wonderful job," he said. "[After Fable 2's reception] my expectations were sky high. The planning was the problem. We had to look at the process."
More information.

When asked what he wanted to achieve with his next Fable game, he added: "I have a very clear idea where Fable will go in the future. Trying to be diplomatic, I think that whatever we do next with Fable, we should just amaze people with the quality.
He keeps repeating himself, game after game, disappointment after disappointment.
I appreciate what he have done with Amiga (Populous and Syndicate), but the last 10 years it's mostly rubbish.

What a surprise, Peter is running his mouth again.

Is still someone actually listening to him?

I stopped reading after the first sentence.

Peter Molyneux and "amaze" in the same sentence? Hmm.. never seen that before...

So says the man who loves to over simplify and never make what he promises. Peter do you even know what an rpg is.

will fable 4 be set in its world war 2?

Lather, rise, repeat. I quit listening years ago, Peter. Life's too short to pay attention to your over-promised, under-delivered games.

ah geez, once again he plans to 'amaze' us, though we're still waiting...

I stopped reading after the first sentence.

Peter Molyneux and "amaze" in the same sentence? Hmm.. never seen that before…

haha ... I made sure to check the date to see if this was a thread-necro from the announcement of Fable 2 ... or 3 for that matter ...

I think he and DW Braddley (Dungeon Lords) should get together; what an awesome and amazing game that would produce!!!! :D

Did people here try Powermonger? I'd call that amazing. Not the Fables though…

Yes I did almost 10 years ago when peter still made Populous games. He has lost his way since then.

Powermonger was visually impressive, but the gameplay was pretty thin - even back then.

Syndicate was great, but it wasn't by Molyneux.

Might explain why it was great.

I think Peter needs to contact Greg and Ray about how to implement the awesome button.

2s64pr6.jpg

Heh, I totally get the joke and all..

But on the other hand, maybe we should cut the man some slack. The day a game developer stops believing that his next game will be awesome and amazing.. that's the day he should stop working in the business ;)

Hey Peter,
come on, stop making products, please, just start creating a new game, like in the good old time.

I'm not sure he should be talking about Fable 3 disappointment if they want the PC version to sell at all in two months.

What's that? They don't care if the PC version sells? Oh, okay.

Back
Top Bottom