|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » Xenus 2: White Gold » Xenus 2 QRE problem

Default Xenus 2 QRE problem

April 8th, 2011, 18:28
Hi everyone. I'm giangra and I'm italian so excuse me if I do not use English properly
I'm a huge fan of the Xenus series and Precursors and I would like to make a translation of the game (Xenus 2: White Gold) in my language.
I have the Gamersgate version of the game and i read this post (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12405) so I tried to install the resource editor but I can't start it because it appears the error that the program has stopped working. Could someone explain to me how I can fix this error?
Thanks for your time!

giangra

Traveler

April 8th, 2011, 22:09
Originally Posted by giangra View Post
I have the Gamersgate version of the game and i read this post (http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12405) so I tried to install the resource editor but I can't start it because it appears the error that the program has stopped working.
This could be due to the copy protection. As far as I know the original game and the editor use Starforce, but the GamersGate version may use something else. Look around the web a bit and you might find a way to make the editor think that your GamersGate version is the original one

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher

April 9th, 2011, 17:11
the gamersgate/Game Factory Interative version uses a cracked nocd from a release group so it's unlikely they have any copyprotection

lfc

Traveler

April 9th, 2011, 17:41
Thanks to all for the answers. I will try to find another editor for the Gamersgate version!

giangra

Traveler

April 9th, 2011, 23:14
Originally Posted by lfc View Post
the gamersgate/Game Factory Interative version uses a cracked nocd from a release group so it's unlikely they have any copyprotection
As far as I know the 1.1 version of the English releases will use some kind of DRM but I don't know if it is compatiblke to the editor. Also I don't think there will ever be another editor so you need to find some kind of emulation to help you out with the old DRM

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher

April 10th, 2011, 14:43
Yes as wesp5 has said, to get QRE running you'll need to get a copy of the game working with the original 1.1 patch from Deep Shadows (which has starforce compiled into the dll's), and for me that means using daemon tools to mount a pirated image unfortunately.

I've extracted the existing Italian strings from the resource file for you (see the link below); there are quite a few already done but many more that aren't - you might need a team of translators!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F295YCPL

badmofo

Tired but happy

April 10th, 2011, 20:16
Thanks to both for your help. I'll try to find the russian original version of the game

giangra

Traveler

April 10th, 2011, 23:07
Originally Posted by giangra View Post
Thanks to both for your help. I'll try to find the russian original version of the game
Just a hint, you don't need the complete game when you already have the GamersGate version. Search for miniimages…

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher

April 11th, 2011, 14:43
Thanks again. Then I'll use your method!

giangra

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » Xenus 2: White Gold » Xenus 2 QRE problem