|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Enhanced Edition Next Week

Default Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Enhanced Edition Next Week

March 22nd, 2011, 12:27
If you recall from a while back some members of the Gothic 3 Community Patch Team formed a company called Mad Vulture Games and were hired by JoWood to help with an official Enhanced Edition of Forsaken Gods (original news). The updates are now done and will be released next week as a patch for all existing versions, or you'll be able to buy Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition on Steam, according to their site:
All work is done, everything’s ready, just a few checks are left, and some preparations to be done.
But finally, the Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition will be available to you next week!
Next to the patch version which will update all available versions of Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods to the Enhanced Edition you will also be able to buy your own copy of your Enhanced Edition via Steam. Languages supported will be English, German, French*, Italian* and Spanish*.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 22nd, 2011, 12:27
So, does that mean Forsaken Gods would be worth playing now? I browsed through the changelog, it's mostly the sort of fixes found in the last community patch for G3 (balance/gameplay-wise). If I was jaunting for a Gothic fix, should I play this or vanilla G3?

VPeric

Sentinel

March 22nd, 2011, 12:39
i'll play it… gotta finish them all
Arcania here I come!

toltec7

Watchdog

March 22nd, 2011, 12:46
By the way, German adventure games related news site "Adventure Corner" reports that a close of JoWood is something that could happen at any time : According to an Austrian economy newspaper/magazine, they couldn't find a new investor (or, to be more specific, the article says that an investor couldn't bring in the needed money).
Source : http://www.wirtschaftsblatt.at/archi…63725/index.do

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 22nd, 2011, 12:52
Cool, I bought the expansion on gogamer.com for like $2 during a sale exactly for this reason. I expected the community patch from Gothic 3 would repeat itself and I am happy to hear it's really coming out.

DoctorNarrative

Patroling Written Words

March 22nd, 2011, 13:11
I'm in no hurry to try this, but if people around here recommends it, I will most likely pick it up at some point.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

March 22nd, 2011, 13:35
It's a funny old world.

Alistair

Sentinel

March 22nd, 2011, 13:38
Ahem…. no thanks.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

March 22nd, 2011, 13:46
JoWood? Anything connected to it, please, keep it miles away from me. No way I'll risk my time on them again.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

March 22nd, 2011, 13:47
This has little to do with Jowood guys, it's the team that patched Gothic 3 and they did a great job at that.

DoctorNarrative

Patroling Written Words

March 22nd, 2011, 14:09
Regardless who did the patch, I doubt it could alter that piece of crap enough for me to give it another try.

FG was a poor game at its very core. All the bugfixes and tweaks in the world aren't going to make it a good game.

Still, I give props to the guys who care enough about the series to put that kind of work into it.

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 22nd, 2011, 14:41
If you already own the steam version do you get the patch automagically or is this a new product ?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

March 22nd, 2011, 14:57
Originally Posted by you View Post
If you already own the steam version do you get the patch automagically or is this a new product ?

No, you will not have to repurchase the game, if that's what you're asking.

Next to the patch version which will update all available versions of Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods to the Enhanced Edition you will also be able to buy your own copy of your Enhanced Edition via Steam.

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 22nd, 2011, 15:25
I finished Fosaken Gods today. It wasn't as bad or buggy as I thought it's going to be, it was like you are playing Gothic 3 with another set of (inferior ) quests. I recommend it only to people who are fanatic and forgiving Gothic fans who couldn't get enough of Gothic 3, but still, don't want to play it all over again.

Frozen Fireball

Trying to unfreeze

March 22nd, 2011, 15:34
I know I will at least load this up … because the absolute SUCK of the original was clear and unwavering from the opening cutscene and never abated! If it is a solid update you will know within 15 minutes tops.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

March 22nd, 2011, 17:53
Originally Posted by you View Post
I wasn't aware that Forsaken Gods was available on Steam.

Chekote

March 22nd, 2011, 18:10
While you can exploit the console to bypass some of the worst issues with Forsaken Gods, and use .ini tweaks to fix some of it's engine problems, it's still a horrible game storywise. Gothic 3 had a really satisfying and epic story that made up for the issues of the game, FG destroys it.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

March 22nd, 2011, 21:24
http://store.steampowered.com/app/65600

patch will be released today at 23 o´clock

i dont like bioware games

turian

Sentinel

March 22nd, 2011, 21:41
Steam has the Gothic bundle with all the Gothic games for $18.75 right now. They show the Enhanced Edition of FG available already. It's just $2.50 if you only want it.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7653/

Xian

Watchdog

March 22nd, 2011, 21:43
Pretty awesome sale on this stuff at Steam. $18.75 USD for the whole Gothic shebang. Think I'm going to pass on Arcania and get all the others for $8.25.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Enhanced Edition Next Week