|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dungeon Delvers - Update @ Official Site

Default Dungeon Delvers - Update @ Official Site

March 18th, 2009, 21:56
Yet another update at CrossCut Games - this thing may yet see the light of day:
But anyhow, Dan and I are also working on Dungeon Delvers. We've got the inventory clicky stuff mapped out - but I haven't coded it up just yet. I do have a nifty chest picture opening and closing. The goal of inventory was to make a single click all you needed to do to activate an item - or use it in solving a plot card. Dan had the grand idea of including masterwork items that are permanent fixtures to a Delver. I like that too - gives you some gold plating on the character for long term appeal (and it's easy too).

The other part to it is when you smash a monster, it spills out the items right away. Sure, that's arcady and all, but I really like the thought and it should work well in the game. After all the items are spilled, you click on them to shuttle them off to the chest. If you don't click 'em, the items fade off screen. After combat is over (and you're victorious), you can divide the items up amongst your delvers. So that's all pretty clean.

I just need to get coding!
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 18th, 2009, 21:56
I've been waiting for progress on this game for a while. Initially it was very "Talisman" like, and now seen to be a better version of "Dungeon Crawl".

Shaf

p.s. Does anyone else here still play Talisman? The 4th edition is an improvement from the HeroQuest like Third edition. I've still got most of the 2nd edition expansions.

shaf

Watchdog

March 18th, 2009, 23:42
I have only recently seen thatr there is a new edition out there (of Talisman), which is good, because that game is seemingly relatively rare here on the secondary market (not to mention the primary market at all).

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 19th, 2009, 00:54
Talisman 4th edition was released very early last year by The Black Company an offshoot of Games Workshop. They then decided that they didn't want to be in Game Publishing and only deal with Game Related Novels and Rule expansions.

The Publishing of Talisman (4th Edition revised - 4th edition with revisions to ruleset and plasic characters instead of cardboard cutouts.) is now done by Final Flight Game in North America.

Games Workshop still owns the rights to the game. Multiple expansions are planned, The First "The Reaper" has already been released , "The Dungeon" should be next.

Even after all these yearsn it's still a fun board game.

shaf

Watchdog

April 8th, 2011, 20:32
Anyone know if this game is still being made? Can't see anything on the Crosscut forums.

Cheers,

Daniel.

darklord

Sentinel

April 8th, 2011, 20:51
Been over a year since I've seen any updates about it. At that time, it was pushed to the "back burner" in favor of a couple board games. Looks like it's a long shot to ever see light of day.

Unfortunate. I was pretty interested in that one.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

April 8th, 2011, 23:58
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Looks like it's a long shot to ever see light of day.
I believe this was even the opinion of the creator in one of his last posts.

After a year of working on the first board game, he came back and posted some updates. These included a screenshot which showed a first person perspective - like Dungeon Master. Then, if I remember correctly, he announced he was working on another board game instead.

zzajin

innocent bystander

April 9th, 2011, 00:42
First person perspective? It must have changed a lot since the early art I saw, which was much more like an overhead view of a board game.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 9th, 2011, 20:34
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
First person perspective? It must have changed a lot since the early art I saw, which was much more like an overhead view of a board game.
I think the board game aspect was still there, but the change was made to enhance encounters or something - it was a bit unclear and progress didn't last long.

zzajin

innocent bystander

April 11th, 2011, 23:32
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
It did. That was the last burst of effort I know of.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dungeon Delvers - Update @ Official Site