|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher 2 - Videos @ GameSpot

Default The Witcher 2 - Videos @ GameSpot

April 14th, 2011, 01:15
GameSpot has a couple of new Witcher 2 videos, although I'm going to link via VG247 where they were spotted and the two are collected together. The first shows a combat engagement in the city titled "Arming the ballista" and the second is dialogue-focused.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 14th, 2011, 01:15
Looks pretty decent…

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

April 14th, 2011, 02:51
That was actually the worst looking vids of those we've seen. I'm guessing they were poor quality to save on bandwidth, because the other stuff has been much cleaner. Of course, I could have clicked on low-res or something too and missed higher-res versions of those clips.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

April 14th, 2011, 03:32
Looks great. Too much grunting screaming and groaning, IMO. A few hours of that would really get on my nerves… though this is a mild criticism.

I won't have a machine capable for this until some time next year though. Oh well, something to look forward to.

Ovenall

Keeper of the Watch

April 14th, 2011, 03:46
This reminds me, I need to play thru Witcher again and pre-order! OH JOY!

PegasusOrgans

Watchdog

April 14th, 2011, 04:26
I saw a longer video of the ballista scene already that basically covered it from beginning to end. My concerns are with the quest quality and the combat. How creative are they going to be with the quests compared to other similar titles, and how is the combat going to stay exciting over time?

So far, the enemy AI doesn't seem to offer up much/any challenge in combat. Aside from that, some of the spells/signs look pretty fun. Will the move away from the combat in the original make the game more or less repetitive though?

Kardiophylax

Watcher

April 14th, 2011, 07:22
Sounds like a different voice actor? I'm sure it's old news by now but this is the first time I've had a chance to hear/see Witcher 2 vids. He just doesn't sound as badass as the first game and I'm not liking it.

mbuddha

Watchdog

April 14th, 2011, 10:48
There is a lot of better looking vids around. Like this for example - some combat in forest, absolutely spoiler-free: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gICfA…ature=youtu.be

MrSanta78

Watcher

April 14th, 2011, 12:24
I still have faith despite hating QTE's with a passion hopefully there not done like force unleashed. Bioware did it right were you pushed the left or right mouse to alter some situations.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 14th, 2011, 14:03
I don't like it, I hate it, it's so bad no words can describe and out of protest I will play Fable3 instead.

Just kidding.
I want TW2, and I want it right now if possible!

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

April 14th, 2011, 14:55
the videos inspired a very certain feeling, infact it was the same feeling that i felt at the very end of dragonage: origins when i completed it for the first and only time.

it is a feeling that many ppl feel about things, infact it represents majority opinion when it comes to the question what party do you vote or how do you feel about quantum mechanics?

it is a small word but it describes the emotions of apathy, indifference, confusion or simply a lack of feeling altogether because the person was left so uninspired.

''Meh''

"I teach you the Übermensch. Man is something to be surpassed. What have you done to surpass mankind?"
-Some crazy guy that makes me sperge it up

SAGO

Typical RPGWatch user

April 14th, 2011, 15:40
Agreed. I liked the Witcher, but somehow these videos don't look very "good" to me. The combat seems to consist of geralt running and rolling around like a madman, getting hit very often und slashing around.

Irian

Atheistic Pirate

April 14th, 2011, 17:12
Originally Posted by MrSanta78 View Post
There is a lot of better looking vids around. Like this for example - some combat in forest, absolutely spoiler-free: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gICfA…ature=youtu.be
Here are 4 other vids from the same batch. All can be watched in hi-res and were played on max settings.
Looks really good and locations feel lively.
Combat seems ok to me, especially considering itīs all low level tutorial-ish stuff.

What you think about most, is what you become.

DeepO

deep outside

April 14th, 2011, 17:52
Originally Posted by mbuddha View Post
Sounds like a different voice actor? I'm sure it's old news by now but this is the first time I've had a chance to hear/see Witcher 2 vids. He just doesn't sound as badass as the first game and I'm not liking it.
Same here. I'm ok with everything else, but that choice for voice actor is just not good. Maybe that's just filler V.O. until we get the real thing <fingers crossed>.

Falchor

Watchdog

April 14th, 2011, 17:57
Yeah, the few voiced Geralt bits sounded … unremarkable.
I really liked Geraltīs english VA in the first game.

What you think about most, is what you become.

DeepO

deep outside

April 14th, 2011, 18:09
Ehr.. the voice actor is exactly the same.

I'm not a bug, I'm a feature!

WorstUsernameEver

Sentinel

April 14th, 2011, 19:16
I'm probably going to buy this at one time; however I do not like a) Geralts new -ahem- image, b) the art direction c) the movie like cinematics graphics (why, oh why, do every developer think that they need to make a game's graphics similar to movies…) d) and some other stuff probably.

I do like the full voice over, though, I also like that you can actually see the full response in the (sort of) dialogue wheel, they've used. I like the sound of Geralts voice, although I find it could be a bit more cynical, and tough.

In comparison with DA2, I like DA2's art direction and graphics, but that's just because I'm more to the cartoony animations in (fantasy) games than the photo realistic movie trend…

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

April 14th, 2011, 20:21
Originally Posted by WorstUsernameEver View Post
Ehr.. the voice actor is exactly the same.
Well, could be the delivery then(?). All I know is that I never remember feeling a disconnect in Witcher 1 between the voice and the character in the books, like I felt when I watched that one conversation. Of course, it could just be that one conversation… In other words, I'll wait for the final product.

Falchor

Watchdog

April 14th, 2011, 22:37
I thought the first game had pretty bad voice acting all around honestly, one of my only gripes. Those 4 vids look great, can't wait for this one.

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet

April 15th, 2011, 10:46
I'm just curious of how open world it really is, the person demonstrating the game says "here'a huge open area, we have lots of those in the game" and he shows the player in a, well, i guess it can be called an "open landscape" but with what looks like a linear path that he has to follow. Devs often likes to play with words like that.. Hopefully i'm just being cynical.

The combat looks ok except i absolutely hate the rolling, it's retarded. Can i wear plate armor and turn into a little ball like that too? sorry but that's shitty design, i would have prefered a more realistic way to avoid getting hit, strafing or whatever.

bemushroomed

outlander

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher 2 - Videos @ GameSpot