|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The First Templar - "Marie" Templar

Default The First Templar - "Marie" Templar

April 27th, 2011, 22:25
Blue's Youtube channel has a new video for The First Templar, titled "Marie". The game is already Gold, as you may recall, and is due May 13th.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 27th, 2011, 22:25
Looks like a low-budget Assassin's Creed. Wasn't this the game with another trailer where a dude swan-dived off a building— exactly like the signature move in Assassin's Creed?

Ovenall

Keeper of the Watch

April 27th, 2011, 22:34
She reminds me a tiny bit of the protagonist of Venetica …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

April 28th, 2011, 00:43
I've yet to see any rpg-ness in this.

KapitanUnterhosen

Sentinel

April 28th, 2011, 00:48
Originally Posted by KapitanUnterhosen View Post
I've yet to see any rpg-ness in this.
That's because it isn't an RPG.

DoctorNarrative

Patroling Written Words

April 28th, 2011, 02:20
its being developed by in my opinion the only good city builder of the last 5 years. they have historic and city environments down great. even their city builders had extremely lite rpg elements with picking different rulers with different traits and earning traits as well. this is more like tech upgrades than skill sets but i imagine the game environments should be great, but yes the gameplay is still a big unknown until we play it. $25 is about the max at present i currently would pay for it based on what I know. also there's probably 10 times less people involved in the game development and even a smaller fraction of budget so a comparison to the assassin's creed franchise is an assinine deed.

—-when we figure out how to build guillotines for corporations the new revolution will have begun—-

curious

liberty or license

April 28th, 2011, 16:36
Originally Posted by curious View Post
its being developed by in my opinion the only good city builder of the last 5 years. they have historic and city environments down great. even their city builders had extremely lite rpg elements with picking different rulers with different traits and earning traits as well. this is more like tech upgrades than skill sets but i imagine the game environments should be great, but yes the gameplay is still a big unknown until we play it. $25 is about the max at present i currently would pay for it based on what I know. also there's probably 10 times less people involved in the game development and even a smaller fraction of budget so a comparison to the assassin's creed franchise is an assinine deed.
Asinine? The trailers I've seen make it look exactly like a low-budget copy of Assassin's Creed. The low budget part isn't what I have a problem with.

Ovenall

Keeper of the Watch

April 29th, 2011, 02:46
maybe if you played assassin's creed as a templar not as an assassin which is the whole damn premise of the game. i may not have seen all the gameplay trailers but i don't think i've seen any that involve stealth combat and or loads of free-running or platforming. again the comparison can't get any more shallow in my view. but i will agree it is an obvious comparison to make being that there's not really anything else to necessarily compare it to. in that case i'd opt for no comparison rather than a weak one, but whatever. and for the record i wholeheartedly enjoy all the assassin's creed games and the ones made by haeimont games.

—-when we figure out how to build guillotines for corporations the new revolution will have begun—-

curious

liberty or license

April 29th, 2011, 06:01
Why all the hate? I mean, I don't know anything about this game, and I totally missed the boat on Assassin's Creed, but of the 2 trailers I've seen for this game I have thoroughly enjoyed them both. I think the dialogue is sharp and witty, and I like the clean, blood-less graphics. Seems kind of, I dunno… fresh!

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

May 1st, 2011, 01:03
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
Why all the hate? I mean, I don't know anything about this game, and I totally missed the boat on Assassin's Creed, but of the 2 trailers I've seen for this game I have thoroughly enjoyed them both. I think the dialogue is sharp and witty, and I like the clean, blood-less graphics. Seems kind of, I dunno… fresh!
I agree. It looks interesting to me and it's from a small developer so I am going to give it a shot. There's supposed to be some puzzles in it too which could be fun. I feel like games used to have more puzzles in them but you don't get a lot of that these days. At least not the games I've played.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

May 1st, 2011, 02:43
Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
I agree. It looks interesting to me and it's from a small developer so I am going to give it a shot. There's supposed to be some puzzles in it too which could be fun. I feel like games used to have more puzzles in them but you don't get a lot of that these days. At least not the games I've played.
I second that. It has peeked my interest I will wait for a review first though. Haven't seen too much info as of yet.

sakichop

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The First Templar - "Marie" Templar