|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 1/2 » Sleeper Temple, broken 2nd switch in spike room?

Default Sleeper Temple, broken 2nd switch in spike room?

March 29th, 2011, 07:01
Hey guys,

I encountered a problem, in the room with Gor Boba, there's a sideroom where you have to shoot up at a switch (doors close/spikes go up) then a wall comes down.

Behind that wall there's another switch that's supposed to open the next door. When I shoot at it however nothing happens. I hear the click sound as if the button have been pressed, but no open doors or cinematic. Saw some youtube videos which show what's supposed to happen.

Am I missing something or is this a possible bug/broken switch?
I have killed all the shamans up to that point, 3 I think.

Thanks.

quorex

Traveler

March 29th, 2011, 11:03
This anomally is no bug. If you watch very carefully you will see the arrow you shoot at the switch veer off in a different direction, the arrow is being drawn to different target (there are other targets near) - arrow target switches have no selection highlight indicator.

Remember, that for any given direction of NH standing and aiming the bow, he can fire arrows in any full circle direction without him turning to face the current target - NH can literally shoot arrows to a target behind him.

Moving NH's position to various points before aiming *will* work - slightly to the right of the switch is a good spot.

Wulf

Inquisitor

March 29th, 2011, 17:55
Hmm,

Tried every possible angle in the room, doesn't seem to work, the arrows seem to go straight at the button, but there is no press animation for it, just the sound. Also tried an older save before entering the temple, same deal, very frustrating :<

quorex

Traveler

March 29th, 2011, 21:19
Nvm, had to use the goto location cheat to bypass that specific door.

Thanks still.

quorex

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 1/2 » Sleeper Temple, broken 2nd switch in spike room?