|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity 2 » Torches or Light spell?

Default Torches or Light spell?

April 6th, 2011, 21:34
Hi all,

I just tried out the DKS demo on my 360 and like it a lot. Good thing too, since I've got it preordered.

Anyway, I noticed already in the miller's basement that the dungeons are going to be pretty dark. I don't mind that too much, but I was wondering if there's any possibility of finding a torch that you can equip or even a light spell? Or is that why there's a brightness slider in the options?

TIA…

Oliver

oliverh72

Watcher

April 18th, 2011, 15:24
Nobody knows?

I'm currently at level 9, about to ding 10 in and around Lovis' tower and so far, no torches or light-emitting gear. So I'm guessing the answer is no, which is a pity. It looks like I'm stuck with the settings slider. Boo. Those dungeons get really, really dark. I like the ambiance of it all, but to have to run around holding my enemy lock button because I can't see the enemies is a bit of a bummer.

oliverh72

Watcher

April 25th, 2011, 18:29
There are no torches or Light spells oliverh but I have to tell you that I have never experienced any problems with light levels in dungeons. Also, when you approach door/wall/object, it becomes brighter so you shouldn't miss anything. But, after saying all that, my wife used slider to up her light levels so not everybody is happy with defaults.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

April 27th, 2011, 17:37
I just wish they had ramped up the brightness indoors by about 10-15%, which is what I've done in my settings - my gamma is at 60% as opposed to the default 50. It makes everything outdoors look slightly washed out, but oh well. It's still really great - but it would have been nice to have an enchantment on armor or weapons to offer more light; many games do this (NWN, for instance).

oliverh72

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity 2 » Torches or Light spell?