|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dungeons of Dredmor - New Trailer

Default Dungeons of Dredmor - New Trailer

May 21st, 2011, 03:52
Gaslamp has kicked up a new trailer for Dungeons of Dredmor, offering around two minutes of gameplay vision.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 21st, 2011, 03:52
Those rooms filled with tons of monsters are called Dungeon Zoos and they can be a blessing or your worst nightmare. You'll get tons of experience if you can survive.

Once I was down to almost no hitpoints/spellpoints and hoping to find some food or drink in the next room. Then BAM! "DUNGEON ZOO". Poor Bran Stark (characters name) didn't have a chance after that.

In hindsight I should have passed a few turns and healed a little before opening any door.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

May 21st, 2011, 10:24
I don't remember how they are named in ADOM but there's multiple sort, but the sadistic mentality of the designer of the game made him design some with crowd of monsters that can walk through walls…

Dasale

SasqWatch

May 21st, 2011, 11:32
Looks incredible…

Khalus

Whatever…

May 21st, 2011, 12:33
Still mixed on this. Is human the only race you can play?

Damian Mahadevan

Keeper of the Watch

May 21st, 2011, 15:38
Is male the only gender you can play? This is the most important question.

bloodlover

Sentinel

May 21st, 2011, 16:17
You can read a preview for the game here.

This is more of a skills based light roguelike than a race one. Though technically one of the skills is vampirism so I guess that's a vampire race.

You have 34 skills too choose from, 16 different damage types, 6 crafting types (porta-still for making booze, My little anvil for making weapons/armor, tinkerers box for making traps and other odds and ends, elven ingot grinder, ingot maker and a normal alchemy box for making potions.), 6 standard stats with 18 secondary stats and the humor that is reminiscent of Quest for Glory in its wackiness.

Above all the one thing that made me love this game was the fact that it kicked my butt from here to Tuesday when I first started playing. No game kicks my butt anymore (with the possible exception of other roguelikes and The Witcher 2 in the beginning. It's been a very good month for challenging me.) I've gotten so good at most RPGs that I can figure them out in less than a minute and win if the game doesn't bore me to tears which it normally does.

This one hasn't bored me which is all I ask for in a game. Challenge my intellect for a change instead of my twitch reflexes.

With that said this game is not nor will it ever be as complex as ADOM, Stone Soup or the other heavy weight RLs out there, but it does offer an easy to use interface, excellent music, a game that doesn't take itself so damn seriously, silly graphics, new and intersting skills. I love Golemancy and Fleshcraft. Golemancy I'm able to create this sanguine blobby made from my own blood and fleshcraft is just awesome in its ickiness

Plus from what I've been told the game will be less than 10 dollars.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.
Last edited by skavenhorde; May 21st, 2011 at 16:38.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dungeons of Dredmor - New Trailer