|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 3 - News Collection [Update 2]

Default Gothic 3 - News Collection [Update 2]

February 21st, 2007, 03:29
Due to time contraints we´ve had to skip a couple of Gothic 3 news over the last weeks. This post brings you up-to-date on the latest developments.
  • Piranha Bytes released a Fansite-Kit last week. It includes graphics, buttons, fonts and more useful gizmos to create your own Gothic 3 site. Important: you must place a clearly visible copyright notice on your site. These things are usually placed at the very bottom of the main page. Details in the kit.
  • The next patch has been officially confirmed - ETA unclear.
  • An editor will be released. Don´t expect it anytime soon though. More like "late autumn" or so. Rumors it would be bundled with the next patch have proven false.
  • It goes without saying that Piranha Bytes is not working on the inevitable add-on until the co-publishers Deep Silver and JoWooD confirm they´re working on the inevitable add-on. So for now they´re busy developing their next project in the Gothic universe, seemingly based on the same technology.
    The when and what are pure speculation. An add-on this Christmas or a stand-alone add-on next Christmas sounds possible.
  • Gothic 2 Gold will be on the cover disk of the next PC Action . So if you have access to this German print mag it´s good opportunity to get G2 and Die Nacht des Raben for cheap.
  • Another German print mag, PC Powerplay, posted an update to their highly critical Gothic 3 review . They think a lot of things have improved over the last few months, earning Gothic 3 v1.12 another 12%. This makes the final score a far less desastrous 79%.
  • An Autumn texture pack for Gothic 3 can be found on WoG. It replaces tree, grass and surface textures.
  • World of Gothic´s 2nd hint book hit the shelves a short time ago through publisher Data Becker. Their work on Gothic 2 seems to have been quite a success if they´ve decided to tackle such a mammoth task again. Of course the new volume "Gameguide zu Gothic 3 " deals with Gothic 3. A lot of substance (288 pages!) and a fair price obviously make it the first choice for German gamers who prefer printed informations.
  • A few weeks after their Christmas interview with PB WoG posted another one based upon their studio visit. It primarily deals with the complex decisions PB had to make during the development process, and how they see them in hindsight. Very interesting, open answers by PB. I think I´ve seen a rough translation somewhere, but I can´t remember the link.
    Thanks, Ragon!
  • BlackHole´s excellent Gothic 3 Tuning Utility has been updated to v1.45. It´s available in German, English and Italian. We´ve mirrored it here .
More information.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

February 21st, 2007, 03:29
Nice. Thanks.

northreign

SkyPirate

February 21st, 2007, 04:52
Anyone know of an english translation of that latest interview?

(The Christmas one had a translation in one of the forums, eventually…)

cutterjohn

Sentinel

February 21st, 2007, 08:49
Nice update. I'd like enlish version of the latest interview also, my german is a bit rusty.
But then there's always Babelfish translations for uneducated people like me.

Surlent

On ghost mode

February 21st, 2007, 09:47
The interview is really interesting -too long for me to translate though. Remarkable that they see the one thing that G3 did right that wasn't really appreciated by the comjmunity, as to how much better it accomodates the casual hack-and-slash players. VDweller probably won't like that statement . Good news is that they acknowledge the weaknesses pretty clearly.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

February 21st, 2007, 11:45
Itīs also worth mentioning that a a Babelfish translation will only give you a arough idea. Their answers are sometimes rather tricky.

Something I didnīt mention because it could be seen as advertisement:
Amazon.de has the German G3 Coll. Ed. for 25 EUR incl. shipping. Cheapest price available AFAIK. Seen on Yiya.de .

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

February 21st, 2007, 11:47
Great to hear we are getting at least one more patch.

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

February 21st, 2007, 14:54
Very interesting, thank you for the update Gorath.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

February 21st, 2007, 16:12
It is good to hear of the progress … I'm getting enough distance since playing that another patch might be cause for me to replay

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 21st, 2007, 16:52
I was a bit surprised by the price variance of G3 when I bought it as well. Luckily I checked on the local pricerunner site before buying. In Sweden prices range from SEK249 (very good price for a new game)-499 (the rather expensive price in the local shop), with new releases normally costing around 399… Divide by 10 to get the price in Euros.. It makes me wonder if there are many different editions around?

Zaleukos

Bum

February 21st, 2007, 17:57
I don't know o any different versions. Only the Collector's Edition and the normal one.
At least here in Germany. I don't know how it is internationally.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 22nd, 2007, 02:34
Very nice! I would appreciate an English translation as well

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 3 - News Collection [Update 2]