|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - OnLive Preorders

Default Deus Ex: Human Revolution - OnLive Preorders

May 27th, 2011, 02:10
According to VoodooExtreme, you can now preorder DX:HR for OnLive (at RRP prices). Does anyone actually use this thing?
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 27th, 2011, 02:10
I've got it but I can't use it, even if I wanted to. My cable connection just isn't fast enough. And by fast I mean ping times, not download speed. Google Fiber is coming around soon, though….

If you've got a strong connection, OnLive would be a pretty good alternative to buying a whole new PC. Especially if you don't want to learn the ins and outs of the latest technology.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

May 27th, 2011, 05:02
And so it begins……The future is onlive and cloudbase gaming. I hate the future.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

May 27th, 2011, 09:28
The video game industry is battling the past and has to find ways to make the past less affordable as it would through depreciation.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

May 27th, 2011, 09:31
Hope Im not ever forced to play my pc games in cloud.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

May 28th, 2011, 03:04
Well well well - the cable company called me up and told me my modem was going to be obsolete in a couple of weeks. Hmph. The thing wasn't even 10 years old yet. Not quite anyway.

I got my new one today. OnLive now works great! I had quite a bit of fun just poking around the "brag clips" and watching some crazy Just Cause 2 clips. It should be a great place to try games out, too. Buying games, though… not a chance.

No idea what it is with the Luddite reaction around here. Have you folks even tried it?

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

May 28th, 2011, 09:07
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Well well well - the cable company called me up and told me my modem was going to be obsolete in a couple of weeks. Hmph. The thing wasn't even 10 years old yet. Not quite anyway.

I got my new one today. OnLive now works great! I had quite a bit of fun just poking around the "brag clips" and watching some crazy Just Cause 2 clips. It should be a great place to try games out, too. Buying games, though… not a chance.

No idea what it is with the Luddite reaction around here. Have you folks even tried it?
Have I tried it I dont want to the bandwidth usage is one turn off for me thanks to internet caps. The second reason is I dont want to just rent my games. Third reason I spend money on hardware and want to use it. Does that answer your question.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - OnLive Preorders