|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher 2 - Reviews @ Kotaku and The Escapist

Default The Witcher 2 - Reviews @ Kotaku and The Escapist

May 31st, 2011, 17:26
Thing the prologue tells nothing about: WASD and camera control. The prologue tells about the other commands. Signs, looting, plants, (un)sheathe swords, what sword to use, parry, fast/strong style, finishing moves, dodge (first combat) and a few other things.

Now if people have to be pointed out that a guy wearing a light armour is not built to take hits and has to dodge, well, that states a lot about the point RPG has come to.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

May 31st, 2011, 17:54
I thought that: "Dodging - Move and roll in combat to evade enemy blows. Press "Space" to roll." would be kind of a hint?

Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
Now if people have to be pointed out that a guy wearing a light armour is not built to take hits and has to dodge, well, that states a lot about the point RPG has come to.
Couldn't agree more ChienAboyeur!

zahratustra

SasqWatch

May 31st, 2011, 20:54
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
Why does it do this - eventually? I did not know this, untill I read some comment here, I think, in one of the Witcher threads, or maybe it was in the Witcher thread at adventuregamers.com? Ever since I've learned this, combat in Witcher 1 has become so much easier and so much more enjoyable. I also enjoy the combat more now, since I've learned (through experience) to have the correct potions and oils on me, or Geralt, actually.

I think the problem is that many people who play both Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 expects these games to be like say BG2 or even DA2, e.g. having a tank, thinking of Geralt like a tank in one of these games. Instead, we should think of him as a rogue, doing his best to avoid damage, and striking his enemies, be they humans or monsters, with precision - using a variation of tactics to do this: traps, pinpointing, rolling, attacking fast and hard, more rolling, slashing, hacking, applaying oils, potions and bombs (in the game) to defeat his enemies.

In Witcher 1, I did die many times, but how wonderful was not the feeling inside when my Geralt (and me) did finally finish that bruxa, that fleder or that alp. And as I see, the monsters are, among other things, what made these games, unique.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher 2 - Reviews @ Kotaku and The Escapist