Companions - RPG for iPad

smuttlegiaco

Watcher
Hi friends,

smuttlewerk interactive talking! have a look at our game Companions. We are a two man indie-studio from germany and just released Companions, our first game. We're pretty proud of it. If you like dungeons and old-school RPG games where you actually have to play rather than pressing only on one button, this might be something for you.

sw_logo256.png

The party consists of a minotaur, a dwarf, an elf lady and a human mage. Every character has different skills and abilities. The dwarf for example, can build structures, such as scythe towers or spike pits while the minotaur is strong in hand to hand combat. The game is presented in top-down 2D view and real time. Through storytelling, consistent artwork and a fun gameplay system, the players are sucked into the world of “Altland”.

“Altland” is a fantasy world were the old races of dwarves and elves live together with the younger races of humans and minotaurs. Companions takes place after a 300 years period of peace. The dark god Detexx and his minions try everything in their power to engulf “Altland” in a big war.

Feature Highlights:
* Campaign with 10 hours of playing time (with one party combination)
* Story line
* 4 races
* 3 different classes for each race
* 40+ skills
* 100+ Items
* 30+ Unique Items
* Boss mobs
* Tactical pause (20 or 60 seconds)
* Philosophical pest zombies
* A really big dragon
* Great artwork
* 3 difficulty settings
* GameCenter and OpenFeint integration
* 41 achievements
* 3 single maps with leaderboards (more coming with the first update)
* Endless replay value (random drops, random enemies) for both the campaign and the single maps
* Available in english and german (other translations will follow)

iTunes LINK

this is really dream to me. i totally don't understand what you just said.
maybe until i have I PAD...

Looks good. I've decided to bite the bullet and get the iPad 2 and I'll be picking up this one when I do (beats the hell out of some stupid bird tossing game ;))

Thanks for the link.

Hi,

hope you'll like it. If you have questions mail us or write in the toucharcade.com thread of our game.
we are just featured as new & noteworthy in the US, I can't believe it. Very happy and very proud right now. :)

all the best,
smuttlegiaco

Looks nice, but one thing I really liked about old-school games was that they lasted more than 10 hours.

Hey friends,

feel free to participate in our contest (ends Sunday 12th at midnight CET)

Here's what you have to do in order to win the 333$ (payPal account required!):

1. Download Companions (4.99$)

2. Start the campaign. There will be a small dialogue between two cultists who stand guard (after playing with the dwarf). One of the guards has a name. What is the guards name? <— That's the question!

3. Finish the first map. On the second map you'll be asked to do an "old heap of bones" a favor. Accept his proposal and leave a honest review on the App Store.

4. Like us on facebook and/or follow me on Twitter! (not necessary, would be very nice though :))

5. Mail your answer, the name you used to write the review and the App Store you wrote the review in to contest [@] smuttlewerk.de

6. Enjoy our game!:D

Companions 1.2 and Companions Lite

Hey fellow gamers!

Apple just approved our new version of Companions (1.2). We eliminated most of the bugs we did implement with our last update and added a few new things, like a new save menu with 7 manual slots.

There's is also a lite version available now, so you can check out, wether you like the game or not! Below is the new App Icon, I hope you like it.

Have fun! If you have any questions, please ask!

Icon-512.png

That (Companions) is iPad only, right? I was a bit cautious, because it only showed one environment. I like some variation. I did read that it had a strong story, so I wonder... does it really all play out in just this dungeon like area or are there other areas to explore?

Looks cool, I'm excited about games on tablets in the future but alas I'm an Android guy.

we will also do games for android, sooner or later. problem is, we don't have the time and resources to port Companions just now. it's more complicated (lots of different devices)+ we would have to handle the whole process of customer support on our own. if someone for instance would like to have his money back, I would have to do it all by myself. on the app store Apple handles such things…saves a lot of time and work. well, we'll see what the future holds.

our next game "Time of Heroes" will come for Android, too. We use Unity for development which makes porting much easier.

Well the Android Market will automatically refund you if you request it within 15 minutes, sort of a trial period, but yeah I guess after that you have to do it manually. Also, people will tend to write 1 star reviews if the app doesn't work right with their particular device which kind of sucks for the developer who's scrambling to get everything working.

Still, I'm another Android person and am definitely all for new Android games so I'll keep an eye out for Time of Heroes.

hey all! a new version (1.3) of Companions is now available and we have a sale until thursday! here's what's new:

✓ added: 8 new unique items
✓ added: 2 rare items
✓ added: optional auto-aim for ranged units (go to the options menu to turn it on/off)
✓ added: Transmuter ➨ you can now scrap items in exchange for gold. say goodbye to overflowing backpacks!
✓ added: Shop ➨ the traveling shopkeeper has a lot of items for sale, even uniques.
✓ added: Ur-Steel ➨ Ur-Steel is the new global currency. you can buy it for real money and convert it into gold.
✓ added: increased the size of some buttons for better accessibility

➤ there's always a slim chance of gaining Ur-Steel in-game, either by
➨ defeating boss mobs OR
➨ by the transmutaion of unique/rare items

✓ balancing: tweaked some unit values on maps 2,4,5 and 6

Back
Top Bottom