|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fable 3 - Review @ GameBanshee

Default Fable 3 - Review @ GameBanshee

June 7th, 2011, 04:21
GameBanshee has a 5-page review up for this game. No score, but the review covers combat, variety, exploration, quest design, story. It also covers the user interface, the inventory, the control systems used for the pc version. And two small reviews for the two important dlcs for this game, Understone Quest Pack and Traitor's Keep, as well.

Thus we come to the conclusion, the reviewer's, that is:
I can recommend Fable III, but with a very big “but” attached to it, and with the advisement that you may want to wait for a lower price if you’re still on the fence. While there’s more than your money’s worth in Fable III, the numerous design issues and over-simplified mechanics simply can’t be ignored by even the most forgiving fans. It's the worst Fable game, no question, but that doesn't mean it's an outright bad one, just underwhelming, and maybe a little out of steam after all these years. It's fairly inevitable that there will be a Fable IV at this point, so hopefully when it does come, it will finally remedy so many of these problems that have come to a head in Fable III, while preserving those very same things that make the franchise iconic and enjoyable.
More information.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

June 7th, 2011, 04:21
Worst fable yet? Hm, I dunno. Maybe the reviewer had really high opinions of 1 & 2? All the Fables always seemed a bit too much 'press A to do everything' to me, but they tell a reasonably interesting story, enough so that I actually finish them. I actually would consider Fable 3 marginally better than 1 or 2.

moonmonster

Watcher

June 7th, 2011, 10:58
Like the reviewer, I also consider Fable 1 and 2 better than 3. Overall I agree with the conclusion.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fable 3 - Review @ GameBanshee