|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

March 16th, 2009, 20:34
Originally Posted by nessosin View Post
Love of my life:
UFO: Enemy Unknown
That's the Euro title for the original X-Com, right? Excellent choice. I'm actually back to working on my UFO:ET run and still enjoying it a great deal. Although there are a few differences that take some getting used to, UFO:ET is a far better successor to the X-Com's than the UFO:After—— series. You might want to take a look.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

March 16th, 2009, 20:36
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
I played RE5 the entire Friday and Saturday .

??? RE 5 is only 12-14 hours long according to most. Are you losing your touch?

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 17th, 2009, 06:05
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
??? RE 5 is only 12-14 hours long according to most. Are you losing your touch?
I should have said "all the time I got" on those days as I did other things as well, like a few hours in school on Friday and RPG-night on Saturday. I have taken it very slow so far though, making sure I get all extra treasures, BSAA Emblems and weapons. Maps tend to take me 1-2 hours each to get through.

This might be a game I intend to play again with my cohabit in co-op. It's really well done. The only thing annoying me is that you cannot move while you have your machete up.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

March 18th, 2009, 18:41
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
That's the Euro title for the original X-Com, right?
Yes, I think so.

Played a demo back then, and never really understood the game. Guess I was too young, then.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 20th, 2009, 21:51
Been playing Drakensang and going nuts and also DS now and then. Drakensang is pretty good though a bit hard if you happen into a quest and area you were not prepared for but it is holding my interest.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

March 21st, 2009, 02:07
Still playing Drakensang, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix and bits of a couple other PC games, and am immersed in Resistance: Retribution on the PSP and GTA: Chinatown Wars on the DS. Both of those are excellent … in fact I'm pretty thrilled with the slate of games I'm working on now …

… finally got around to downloading Rome: Total War (GameStop free code) … don't know when I'll touch that - haven't installed Empire: Total War yet …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

March 21st, 2009, 13:20
I'm still before starting the Höhlenwelt Saga magic cards game for the PC.

Sadly this might never be translated into internationality, because the author (and game developer and translator) Harald Evers dies in late 2007.

The Höhlenwelt Saga (Caveworld Saga) is a saga of several novels about a kind of fantasy universe. I know next to nothing about it, so it might be full of surprises to me.

Amazon lists his books, but so far I cannot see any of them being translated.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 21st, 2009, 14:28
Drakensang. I interuppted ME for it. My ME was on the first planet you can visit after you take control of your own ship. Therefore not very far, but… after struggling to get "into" all the rules and combat with Drakensang, it has now gripped me and won't let go until I'm right at the end.

I'm also busy with a leisurely 2nd playthrough of The Withcher EE. However, I'm starting to get a strategy itch in my behind. This I might scratch soon with a bit of the original DOW, but someone above reminded me that I had recently got myself a copy of Warlords Battlecry 3, after I had had lots of fun with Warlords Battlecry 2, which sadly did not have a story-driven campaign, which is something I noticed that no.3 does have. It might have to wait for DOW, though.
Last edited by RivianWitch; March 21st, 2009 at 14:46.

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch

March 23rd, 2009, 08:13
Playing DOW II, battling the Tyranids n Eldar in the SP campaign.

It's getting a little repetitive, but still pretty fun due to all the loot, optional side quest type missions, and Tyranids ramping up the difficulty a little.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

March 23rd, 2009, 10:24
I'm writing up a review of DoW II and while the review is pretty negative sounding, it is a positive review - there is much to criticize, but it is actually a good game.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

March 23rd, 2009, 12:07
Was hit by nostalgia and so I started replaying Caesar 3 and Pharaoh. God what wonderful memories I have of playing these two gems. Best city builders ever. I've spent hundreds of hours building cities and going through the cool campaigns. Especially the huge one in Pharaoh.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

March 23rd, 2009, 13:27
Does one still have to have the CD in the drive for CEASAR III ?

I wished I had many, many more CD drives …

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 23rd, 2009, 16:17
I'm surprised that I'm not tired of Left 4 Dead yet.
An excellent game with a friend or two.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Zakhary

Noble Savage

March 23rd, 2009, 17:03
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Does one still have to have the CD in the drive for CEASAR III ?
Yeah, you do. But I don't bother. I just create an image of my cd and mount that. It might not be totally legal, but I own the game so I don't see what the big deal is.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

March 23rd, 2009, 17:03
After finishing Persona 4 (100 hours last save, ouch), I'm back to NWN2 OC, but for some reason getting frequent crashes, wonder if it's because of the last patch… And man, I had forgotten how S.L.O.W. it is loading levels or just reloading a saved game. Guess I got used to the almost instant reloads in Drakensang. And, how can I remap the middle button for 'mouse view' and the right button for commands?

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

March 23rd, 2009, 17:27
I've been playing Silent Hunter 3 which I got recently from a friend that gets free crap. I'm not too into simulators, but I got to say, this game is a lot of fun. Nothing like sinking a bunch of shit

Thoth

Sentinel

March 23rd, 2009, 22:47
In Chapter 4 of The Witcher now…..unadulterated crpg joy….

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 24th, 2009, 03:22
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
In Chapter 4 of The Witcher now…..unadulterated crpg joy….
I'm glad you've finally hit that point …

I'm still living the depraved life in GTA: Chinatown Wars on the DS. Like this much better than GTA4.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

March 24th, 2009, 03:43
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I'm glad you've finally hit that point …

Actually, I've been loving this game since Chapter 2.

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 24th, 2009, 06:30
Oh yeah! Chapter 4 was my favorite part of the game. The wraith quest was awesome, then the Lady of the Lake and all that - gold.

Suddenly quite ill, so I'm not in the mood for doing really any gaming or anything but sitting here being grumpy and surfing around. Sore throat, runny nose, the works. Just in time for my bday, grrr **swats at the screen!**

Found a nice Tyranid guide im reading. Devouring whole worlds and all that, alien bastards. First few battles against them, I got almost totally wiped out, thankfully I'm starting to get better against them now. Cant just fire indiscriminitely, key tyranids have to be taken out first . that guide helped, I had no clue what I was fighting

Originally Posted by Zakhary View Post
I'm surprised that I'm not tired of Left 4 Dead yet.
An excellent game with a friend or two.
I'm kinda burnt on it (finally), took quite a while tho for it to happen. Theyre supposed to be coming out w/ more maps and stuff pretty soon, I keep checking it on steam to see if any big updates have went down but nuttin yet.

Anyone else playing DOW2 think of Snake Plisskin everytime the scout Cyrus speaks, or is it just me?
I like Cyrus, his super one-shot from a distance is great against those Zoanthrope tyranid artillery, and pretty much anything else come to think of it.

edit - i called in sick today, so Ill just keep adding to this post until someone posts another one ='.'= **sneezes!**
Last edited by xSamhainx; March 24th, 2009 at 21:10.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?