|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

June 23rd, 2009, 00:04
Evochron legends
Europa Universalis 3
X-3

I have a big budget for games but there is nothing in the market

Tragos

Otinanist

June 23rd, 2009, 01:47
Originally Posted by Tragos View Post
Evochron legends
Europa Universalis 3
X-3

I tried the demo for Evochron a while back but had a hard time getting into it. How do you like it, and how does it compare to the X series in your opinion?

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 23rd, 2009, 03:39
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Sammy, I'm amazed you're not playing PvZ. I thought you were compelled to play anything related to zombies.

There's enough codgers here that we could probably have a good reminisce over arcade-era cabinets. I lost a lot of quarters to Qix, Dig-Dug, and Marble Madness.
We had a few pretty decked out arcades nearby back in the early 80's. I remember when 'Showbiz Pizza' got the first unit of the Laserdisk version of Dragon's Lair in the city; looking back on it, it was hilarious there were like 25 people always standing around that thing like it was some big deal. I think that was the first 50-cent arcade game ever made, at least the first one I had ever seen. I thought it was lame, but watching others play was entertaining.

My favorite games back then were Joust, Defender, Missile Command, Galaga, Tempest, Gorf, Lunar Lander and of course Asteroids and Space Invaders. I'm older now I'm not as 'spry' as I used to be. If I tried to play a game like that now, people would laugh at me.

Sir Markus

Keeper of the Watch

June 23rd, 2009, 04:36
I have 3 ' players' right now because I wanted to play through it 'beginning to end' a few more times because it was so much fun. Now, I'm going to start working on the Tree of Wisdom to max that out and see what happens. An expansion would be great for this game, IMO.

Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
I liked yours so much, I just had to follow suit. Mine's more of a self-portrait, except I'm not quite that handsome.

I ended up skipping a couple of the puzzles in Ravenhurst 2 the first time I played. In one case, I had no clue what I was supposed to do and in the other I knew exactly what to do but didn't have the endurance to actually do it. My second time thru, the puzzles made a little more sense. I still skipped that second one, but I knocked out the first.

I finished my 3rd run thru adventure mode yesterday. I've got my Tree of Wisdom up to 190 feet now. It talks about giving extra stuff if you grow it higher, but so far I only got one extra, at 100 feet. Mostly, I'm obsessing with my gardens. I've got the nighttime garden full, although there's one duplicate there that I'll have to sell off. I need a few more additions to my daytime garden because I keep getting duplicates. I've only got 2 aquatics, but that garden's kind of a lost cause. The Wild Dogs have gotten taken in completely, so they've each got profiles going now, too.

Sir Markus

Keeper of the Watch

June 23rd, 2009, 23:21
Yep, I'm definitely up for an expansion for PvZ, one where you had more upgrades for various plants. I'd like to see my spud mines get a gasoline detonator or something and burn for three zombies worth—stuff like that. I'm also on my third round thru adventure mode, and I've unlocked everything but I'm holding off on Dr Zomboss's Revenge out of fear I'll have nothing left.

BTW anyone have any tips on that Endless Vase puzzle? I can't get more than a streak of 4 going.

@Sammy: yes, this one could be dangerous for you.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

June 24th, 2009, 02:15
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
BTW anyone have any tips on that Endless Vase puzzle? I can't get more than a streak of 4 going.
Do the green vases first, of course. Work right to left. Try to get a shooter at the right end of each row. Don't waste your squash because you'll need them for the Gigazombies and sometimes bucket zombies. Take your time—there's no rush, so only have 1 zombie going in each line if possible. I've played that one a lot since I enjoy it quite a bit, but I've only managed a 12 streak so far.

Anyone higher than 200 feet on their Tree? I got something at 100 feet, but nothing since. I was hoping for something at 150, and so sure I'd get something at 200. Nada.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

June 24th, 2009, 04:02
Thanks, dte. I think I've been rushing it—I do fine until I get a gigantaur and then I panic and start smashing things looking for a squash. I'll try it a bit slower.

I'm not sure how tall my tree is, but it wisecracks me more than anything else. It actually got me to type mustache yesterday.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

June 24th, 2009, 04:47
Well, prototype is OK but not great, sort of a dark & gritty hulk smash …

Sims 3 … well, it is very polished and well made, and I will have to spend more time before passing judgment.

Ghostbusters looks and sounds very nice so far.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

June 24th, 2009, 16:02
Playing Jade Empire - it rules.

Cant believe it sat on my shelf for so long, like a year.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

June 25th, 2009, 08:57
Can anyone tell me more about the game except that it is great?

This is my way of the Ninja: I never take back my word

titus

Substitute Shinigami

Send a message via MSN to titus

June 25th, 2009, 12:24
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
Playing Jade Empire - it rules.

Cant believe it sat on my shelf for so long, like a year.

Same here, I had it for nearly 2 years before I finally played it.

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 25th, 2009, 13:25
I've had JE for over a year before I played it, only that I couldn't play it because of system stuff. I *did* have fun listening to the soundtrack during that period, though.

Krzychu

Sentinel

June 25th, 2009, 20:39
I loved JE . A bit on the short side, but still very sweet.

I'm still stumbling through the Sora version of Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of memories, and I just happened to meet the second incarnation of Axel. What a drag :/… I mean, I really like Axel. Who doesn't? But facing him in battle is… well…
*sigh*.
This fight should be so easy.
I mean, the guy should by all means be vulnerable to
Spoiler
, and while he actually seems to be vulnerable to them and I have a bagful with me (and loaded), I get my butt handed to me over and over again.

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 25th, 2009, 22:52
One of these days I'll try JE.

Right now I'm playing STALKER. My new PC allows me to play on max settings. Sweet looking. and nicely freaky hard in a survival horror sort of way. Although buggy and computer freezing (damn infinite loop NVIDIA problem) AND repetitive. Me no like infinite re-spawns…

Too bad I can't understand all the random banter in Russian!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

June 26th, 2009, 02:01
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Same here, I had it for nearly 2 years before I finally played it.
I'm surprised you played it at all, given that it is a dumbed down KotOR with more console-ish combat

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

June 26th, 2009, 06:38
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I'm surprised you played it at all, given that it is a dumbed down KotOR with more console-ish combat
I don't think the combat was *more* console-ish than KotOR, probably about the same imo. The setting and story were a lot fresher though. It was actually Prima Junta who convinced me to play it iirc. I basically agree that it was a good, if short, crpg. Certainly no "classic" though….

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 26th, 2009, 07:01
I think the combat's great! I'm like, actively engaged in it instead of just plunking thru some kinda turn-based thing. Blocking, flipping over enemies, different attacks at different speeds. It's great, I feel like Kung Fooey Tiger

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

June 26th, 2009, 11:17
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I don't think the combat was *more* console-ish than KotOR, probably about the same imo. The setting and story were a lot fresher though. It was actually Prima Junta who convinced me to play it iirc. I basically agree that it was a good, if short, crpg. Certainly no "classic" though….
I also love Jade Empire for what it is … to the point of paying a stupid $35 to get the Mac version via Digital Download last month … I was just teasing you

In terms of 'playing now', I spent too much time last night on a little iPhone game called Tradewinds 2, which is a sort of mini version of the Anno / Pirates games. Trade, ship-to-ship combat, quests, pretty good fun.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

June 26th, 2009, 13:05
Finished Dark Messiah. Right now I'm checking out some NWN2 singleplayer mods. At the moment it's "Harp & Chrysanthemum". It's pretty cool, so far.

Krzychu

Sentinel

June 26th, 2009, 13:40
Just finished Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories and started over with Riku (who is available now that I finished the game with the regular main character Sora). I'm really looking forward to Riku's side of the story now that I know what happened to Sora between KH 1 and 2.

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?