|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

October 1st, 2009, 11:26
Originally Posted by Krzychu View Post
I'm… I'm playing Planescape: Torment for the first time ever.
Me too, it's fun isn't it? Wel, shal I kill the Silent King??

GewoonHerman

Traveler

October 1st, 2009, 12:23
I left my home PC d/l tropico 3's demo at morning , i will try it later, i am a big lover of previous Tropicos .

Tragos

Otinanist

October 2nd, 2009, 06:00
As a couple of you recommended, I started King's Bounty again. I'm playing a paladin this time, which seems far better than my previous warrior. In fact, I'm almost wishing that I'd gone with a hocus-pocus type, but that would just be fundamentally wrong. No signs of burnout so far, so flushing all those hours from the previous run doesn't appear to have soured me.

Thanks for the opinions, folks.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 2nd, 2009, 17:21
Originally Posted by GewoonHerman View Post
Wel, shal I kill the Silent King??
Hm, I don't know, I didn't get there, yet - but I tend to be the merciful type.

Actually, I didn't play a lot in the last few days. It seems I spent most of my time on the Internet. I need to focus.

Krzychu

Sentinel

October 2nd, 2009, 20:42
Originally Posted by Tragos View Post
I left my home PC d/l tropico 3's demo at morning , i will try it later, i am a big lover of previous Tropicos .
Nice, another one !

Tell me your impressions !

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 4th, 2009, 22:34
Originally Posted by Krzychu View Post
Hm, I don't know, I didn't get there, yet - but I tend to be the merciful type.

Actually, I didn't play a lot in the last few days. It seems I spent most of my time on the Internet. I need to focus.
I'd like to hear about your encounter with the Silent King..! What a fun game it is, very different from BG and Icewind Dale. Not better or worse though, imho.
What'll be next,….. Risen? Dragon Age? Divinity 2? KOTOR?
So little time…

GewoonHerman

Traveler

October 5th, 2009, 07:53
just got done w/ crazy Majesty2 scenario. 3rd from last mission. The entire campaign up to this point, youre pretty much fighting monsters of various types, and while they can be challenging, they really dont stack up well against well-armed and upgraded minions. Get the right mix down and theyre toast. Well this was one of those "turn the tables" on you missions, and I was fighting clerics, paladins, elves, and rogues, actually sandwiched inbetween two hostile ai lords.

Got wiped out a couple times because i like to try and be a tough guy and go "no towers" style, but w/ this one there's not much choice. You will tower, at least minimally, or you will die!

It's a very frustrating level at first, finally i figured out the right mix and prevailed… after a while ='.'=

I'm kinda bummed tho - the crazy Cultists of Fervus are no more
Last edited by xSamhainx; October 5th, 2009 at 08:06.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

October 5th, 2009, 08:58
I feel kinda nuts for doing this… considering Risen was recently released and all, but I am saving Risen a few weekends ahead since I am still studying.

I decided to reinstall Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor. One of the reasons I gave up on the game was the turn-based combat that could take forever, but I thought that with the speedpatch I could actually enjoy it. Also, when the game was released, there was lots and lots of great RPG's, which isn't the case these days.

I also had the problem with vista described in this thread, but leth's guide (post #19) helped.

This is a hardcore RPG experience, I can tell you that much. I am a bit annoyed that it doesn't support the D&D rules all the way. I can accept that there are no Wizard class, but it's annoying that an Elven Sorcerer cannot use a longbow. You also have no option which feats and skills you get. Even with the speedpatch the battles can be quite annoying. The interface is quite a nuisance and I often fail to throw a magic missile on time due to the interface.

Btw, on youtube I found a fun playthrough of the game, made by a girl named Alatrye.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

October 5th, 2009, 17:40
Still playing Fantasy Wars. Great little game but hard, especially if you happen to be the anal, micromanaging completist type that is usually drawn to these kinds of games, which I do and am. Ah, well—keeps me off the streets.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

October 5th, 2009, 20:46
I fit that type.

I "think" I am almost done with Call of Cthulthu: Dark Corners of the Earth. It's been tough. The best parts are those that require sneaking and exploration. The jarring/random visions of the future really make me jump out of my seat while sneaking around. Rather a cheap horror device, though. The main character is extremely slow, so the FPS parts really suffer. Right now I've got a boss monster in front of me that doesn't do anything inside its bubble, so I have to figure out a puzzle obviously. This one is a creepfest. Especially like the atmospheric sound and the insanity effects (hearing voices, and talking to yourself). It's best on headphones. Definitely a must if you enjoy reading HP Lovecraft.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 9th, 2009, 23:34
Like dte I returned to King's Bounty, like dte I had stopped in the Elven Lands for some reason; unlike dte I continued my character (mage). Still lots of fun!

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

October 10th, 2009, 00:31
Risen, Nuff Said!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

October 10th, 2009, 02:21
Good Lord of the Tigers, you guys are sure making it tough for me to not go get Risen somewhere…

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

October 10th, 2009, 02:39
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
Good Lord of the Tigers, you guys are sure making it tough for me to not go get Risen somewhere…
Resistance is futile …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

October 10th, 2009, 03:04
well, I drank the kool-aid and joined the Risen club. A bit of a rocky start, and I basically had to update my entire machine, but it's running good now and I'm flying thru the hand-holding first section of the game. Beautiful game, got that Gothic feeling going on, I have a feeling that I'm gonna be up all night playing this!
Last edited by xSamhainx; October 11th, 2009 at 03:41.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

October 12th, 2009, 17:03
Risen Demo - now with 100% less fog!
(Four more days, four more days, four more days…)
There is some fun to be had in there. I even found one of those infamous ghouls - I managed to scratch it just a little and avoided a few attacks before I was turned into the monster's next meal. From the sound of it, I was rather tasty.

Originally Posted by GewoonHerman View Post
I'd like to hear about your encounter with the Silent King..!
Spoiler – Silent King

Hm, I should finish Torment before Risen is released here, but I can already see that's impossible.

Krzychu

Sentinel

October 12th, 2009, 18:22
I'm playing Bioshock now that I have a PC capable of playing it on full. Nice water.

But seriously it's quite fun. I find myself replaying segments of it trying out different weapons/ammo, plasmid, gene tonic combinations. Not to mention the photographing / research aspect and how best to do it wihtout putting yourself into too much danger. Fun stuff.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 16th, 2009, 17:52
Thanks to certain elements around here, I'm back to my King's Bounty addiction. (Well, also, the final campaign in Fantasy Wars was totally kicking my butt…) Decided this time to play as a warrior with no magic except scrolls but lots of rage. So far it's a blast and quite the new wrinkle on the game.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

October 17th, 2009, 01:23
Crystal Cave Classic. This is a very well done remake of the 8-bit game, Boulderdash.

http://crystalcave.rakeingrass.com/

Sir Markus

Keeper of the Watch

October 19th, 2009, 07:17
Between 6 hour Risen sessions, been fitting in some of a weird indie interactive experience of a game called "The Path"

It's a trip, and hard to explain. Ill let some other joker do it for me, my weekend grows shorter and I need to get some Risen in tonight. Just a little bit more, one more dose then ill be ok…. ='.'=

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?