|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

August 22nd, 2011, 15:44
We have recently started to online-play Borderlands among 3 friends and a 4th is joining in. One of them runs Borderlands on Macintosh and we connect via GameRanger that works perfectly well.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

August 22nd, 2011, 19:17
I've finally realized I'm a good dad. I have introduced my oldest daughter (level 31) to Vampire, Bloodlines. So now I too have to complete the game, which I never did, shame on me. This time I'm going Malkavian.

I hope her Latin studies won't be too much affected.
Last edited by pibbur; August 22nd, 2011 at 20:17.

pibbur

August 22nd, 2011, 22:01
Latin studies ? Give her Div:FOV or DKS !

Because in FOV, there are many names she might actually recognize !

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 23rd, 2011, 02:24
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
We have recently started to online-play Borderlands among 3 friends and a 4th is joining in. One of them runs Borderlands on Macintosh and we connect via GameRanger that works perfectly well.
You'll probably enjoy Borderlands a lot more that way as opposed to the single-player, which was average at best imo.

Looking forward to starting Deus Ex: Human Revolution tomorrow.

JDR13

SasqWatch

August 23rd, 2011, 02:37
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
You'll probably enjoy Borderlands a lot more that way as opposed to the single-player, which was average at best imo.

Looking forward to starting Deus Ex: Human Revolution tomorrow.
Agree on both - have DX preloaded on Steam …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

August 23rd, 2011, 03:42
Still playing Starcraft Brood War. Playing through the last set of missions as the Zerg. These are tough and long. Each mission takes me a few hours and that's NOT including reloads and restarts. I'm on the 8th mission now and getting creamed. It's taken me hours and I haven't gotten much beyond fortifying my initial base and taking out one enemy base…

I had planned to finish Brood War by the time Deus Ex: HR appears on my doorstep; but, it arrives tomorrow. If I switch horses, there's a good chance I won't go back to finishing Brood Wars.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

August 23rd, 2011, 11:51
Yesterday my sister told me of her friend doing a StarCraft map - with one Zerg ? burning, and if there are more Zergs nearby, the'll also burn … It sounded like an interesting thing.

Can't wait to buy the King's Bounty : Crossworlds game because I want to try out building a few maps !

But my next month will be expensive, because I plan to visit a concert … Hope this goes well …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 23rd, 2011, 13:54
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
…But my next month will be expensive, because I plan to visit a concert … Hope this goes well …
Hey! You can't say this without telling us what concert.

Says pibbur who in some ways is just like his cat: very curious.

pibbur

August 23rd, 2011, 13:56
It'll be OMD - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark. They did the famous "Maid Of Orleans" in the early 80s.

I do hope I can still get a cheaper ticket … Money arrives on the last day of a month, and the concert is on September, 1st … Fortunately I have already spared about half of the ticket price already …

http://www.omd.uk.com/

Later in September they're in the U.S.A. …

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 23rd, 2011, 14:42
Ahh. I remember OMD. Didn't listen much to them, though.

pibbur

August 23rd, 2011, 18:34
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Still playing Starcraft Brood War. Playing through the last set of missions as the Zerg. These are tough and long. Each mission takes me a few hours and that's NOT including reloads and restarts. I'm on the 8th mission now and getting creamed. It's taken me hours and I haven't gotten much beyond fortifying my initial base and taking out one enemy base…

I had planned to finish Brood War by the time Deus Ex: HR appears on my doorstep; but, it arrives tomorrow. If I switch horses, there's a good chance I won't go back to finishing Brood Wars.
Bahh. I broke down and read some of the hints on the internet. Apparently you have to rush attack enemy bases on this mission, otherwise overwhelming enemy forces keep you down. I should restart tonight, but it's not worth it with DE:HR on my doorstep.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

August 23rd, 2011, 20:17
OMD!! Enjoy!! Never had a chance to see them but almost wore through my vinyl of them in the 80s.

Still playing TW2 in other main path and enjoying the differences/overlap although never seem to have enough $$ to do the crafting i would like

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor

August 24th, 2011, 04:21
Installing DX:HR now…

JDR13

SasqWatch

August 24th, 2011, 05:02
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Installing DX:HR now…
Did you get it from Gamestop/Impulse? If so let us know if that explosive mission pack is anything special and if we're missing out by not having it. I'm still annoyed that only one store had it.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

August 24th, 2011, 05:07
Grrrr. Installed the Gamestop version, and I get a fatal error when trying to play. And, there is no apparent way to download int preorder bonus…. FAIL!

Now I remember why I don't usually do this sort of thing.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

August 24th, 2011, 05:22
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Grrrr. Installed the Gamestop version, and I get a fatal error when trying to play. And, there is no apparent way to download int preorder bonus…. FAIL!

Now I remember why I don't usually do this sort of thing.
They issued a small a patch today that fixed some crashing issues with older video cards. Not sure if that would help. You could always just put your key into Steam and re-download it from there but it's a large download.

From what I understand reading on the Steam forums, you enter the pre-order bonus code separately into Steam and it downloads them. Or at least that is what someone on the forums there was saying.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

August 24th, 2011, 05:30
Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
Did you get it from Gamestop/Impulse? If so let us know if that explosive mission pack is anything special and if we're missing out by not having it. I'm still annoyed that only one store had it.
I ended up just grabbing a standard retail copy from Best Buy. It did come with a code for the explosive mission pack, but I haven't used it yet. What is it anyways?

JDR13

SasqWatch

August 24th, 2011, 05:41
Creepers make or break a Minecraft spelunkering session I once dug upwards into a cavern with a dozen of them. I couldn't backpeddle fast enough! SSSsssssSSsssssssss

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

August 24th, 2011, 05:42
Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
They issued a small a patch today that fixed some crashing issues with older video cards. Not sure if that would help. You could always just put your key into Steam and re-download it from there but it's a large download.

From what I understand reading on the Steam forums, you enter the pre-order bonus code separately into Steam and it downloads them. Or at least that is what someone on the forums there was saying.
Is the preorder bonus code separate from the registration code on the back of the manual? In addition to that, all I got was the square enix product registration card (which couldn't be used on their site or Steam), and an on live activation code. This really sucks. What's the purpose of pre-ordering for day 1 if it doesn't even work?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

August 24th, 2011, 06:07
Played Prelude of the Chambered (needs Java). Needed 5 tries before I managed to beat it. Of Minecraft author for a 48-hours game compo. Watched a bit on livestream when it was made. I don't think it's completely accidental that Minecraft became popular. Impressed by the amount of gameplay mechanics available and the difficulty tuning.

hishadow

Level N+1

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?