|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

November 20th, 2007, 20:51
Have been digging out EVIL GENIUS again, plus, I downloaded the "Word Domination Starter Pack", which contains extra stuff (if you're interested, look at Evil Planet for it, under "Patches").

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 21st, 2007, 16:46
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Have been digging out EVIL GENIUS again, plus, I downloaded the "Word Domination Starter Pack", which contains extra stuff (if you're interested, look at Evil Planet for it, under "Patches").
Isn't that the one you try to build a "secret agent" proof lair? Kind of a spoof of the Bond movies? I thought that looked fun when it came out but never bought it.

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

November 21st, 2007, 17:33
Football Manager 2008.

Zaleukos

Bum

November 21st, 2007, 18:11
Like several others, I've joined the Eschalon cult. I appear to be at the final batlle in Puzzle Quest, but there's a whole lot of empty map, so I'm thinking there might be a plot twist a-comin. PQ is getting about 1 battle a night for now.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

November 21st, 2007, 18:11
Originally Posted by Zaleukos View Post
Football Manager 2008.
Ditto. I don't really have energy for anything that's more complicated than that.

άbereil

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

H. L. Mencken

The Chaos Cascade

Ubereil

Keeper of the Watch

November 21st, 2007, 19:46
Eschalon here as well. Very addictive. And immersive. For me, at least…

chamr

Mounted Highborn

November 21st, 2007, 21:21
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
Isn't that the one you try to build a "secret agent" proof lair? Kind of a spoof of the Bond movies? I thought that looked fun when it came out but never bought it.
Yes, in a way yes, judging from your description.

You must build your own base there - like Blofeld - and try to dominate the world.

And of course Secret Agents will come to infiltrate your base …

It looks very much like … well, a mixture between James Bond, NOLF and a big part of Austin Powers.

You could try this site (the official one doesn't exist anymore):
http://www.evilplanet.com/

Archive of the old, official page:
http://web.archive.org/web/200703291…s/overview.jsp

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 22nd, 2007, 00:23
I'm replaying fallout 2 now that I've finished witcher (which is the best game this year btw)

Dez

Keeper of the Watch

November 22nd, 2007, 02:32
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Yes, in a way yes, judging from your description.

You must build your own base there - like Blofeld - and try to dominate the world.

And of course Secret Agents will come to infiltrate your base …

It looks very much like … well, a mixture between James Bond, NOLF and a big part of Austin Powers.

You could try this site (the official one doesn't exist anymore):
http://www.evilplanet.com/

Archive of the old, official page:
http://web.archive.org/web/200703291…s/overview.jsp
Yeah that's the one. Is it worth picking up?

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

November 22nd, 2007, 22:01
Just finished Two Worlds…

Now playing Dominions 3… what a game… so many options… quite a bit of depth for an indie game. And I love the turn based strategy (mostly because I suck at real time strategy games).

Also getting ready to start The Witcher. I'm really excited about this one… I hope it lives up to what I've been reading here and elsewhere.

May all your hits be crits!

narpet

Sentinel

November 22nd, 2007, 23:21
The Witcher is better than Two Worlds, which I also enjoyed!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

November 23rd, 2007, 01:21
Playing CivCity Rome. I don't play it that often because whenever I do load it up I'm utterly sucked in and before I know it many hours have passed. I'm on the Londinium mission which eventually requires every resource to be available and every good made and maintained for Palaces. Should be a challenge.

You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

Gallifrey

Keeper Of Traken

November 23rd, 2007, 05:57
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
The Witcher is better than Two Worlds, which I also enjoyed!!
The Witcher is better than Two Worlds, which I never bothered playing…. because The Witcher is so much better than Two Worlds…

I know it's circular reasoning but it's the honest to goodness truth!

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

November 23rd, 2007, 06:16
with my Thanksgiving long gone (celebrated last weekend) and everyone else either outta town or busy, I settled into a long uninterrupted Resident Evil 4 session…

That "night of the living dead" part where youre barricaded in the house @ mid chapter 2 was so chaotic, and difficult! Zombies everywhere! I finally found best policy was to take a spot on the stairs and grenade/shotgun zombies below, after all windows open and zombies flooding in. Unload the shotgun into them, bunch them up, bammo nail em with a grenade. I let my compadre go upstairs and I just manned the stairs. Intense part of the game, loved it!

I'm bothered by some bugs in the next segment tho, which finally had me shutting down the game for the day, er night. (who am I kidding, i'll prolly fire it up again in 15 mins!). You have a choice of two paths, lots o' zombies or el gigante (major mountain troll looking thing). I'll take the path with major zombie-cide. Now Ive played this part twice now, chainsaw mamas and all. First time, the key to open the next part never dropped off one of the chainsaw hags. Second time, the game froze when opening the door exiting the stage, after that veritable final Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade of zombies!

I mean, it's fun and all, but I'm trying to make some progress here!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

November 23rd, 2007, 19:51
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
Yeah that's the one. Is it worth picking up?
Hm, for a "small money", I think yes. I have fun with it, at least.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 23rd, 2007, 20:33
Let's see. I joined the Eschalon club, been playing Roller coaster tycoon 3 since they have fixed many of the bugs that made it yucky to play and now its a pretty enjoyable game.
Also been playing Dragon Quest 8 (ps2). Most of my game time has been with Eschalon. I am really looking forward to the other two books. Even though it grinds to a crawl after I load a few million trees on my computer.

Black_Lord

Traveler

November 24th, 2007, 10:38
Finally plowed thru the last portion of zombies in RE4, now in the castle dodging flaming catapults. I love the rifle, used it a lot in the last chapter, looks like I'm going to be using it a lot here too

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

November 24th, 2007, 11:20
I'm still in the midst of FF X-2 and started another tour through Final Doom (halfways through TNT by now).

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 24th, 2007, 16:08
Right now, I just started a game called Painkiller: Overdose. It's pure mindless entertainment, ala Doom. I usually play a first person shooter alongside with a CRPG, depending on my mood. I just finished Bioshock, and need to finish Two Worlds. I want to buy the Witcher, but I'll probably wait for a price break because I already have enough unfinished games. In any case, for me I'm currently playing Painkiller: Overdose and Two Worlds.

Sir Markus

Keeper of the Watch

November 24th, 2007, 17:33
Overdose, is this the former Painkiller mod? I was 'forced' to play a level of the original Painkiller, Harbinger and the XBox version of Arx Fatalis at Dreamcatcher's GC booth back in 2003 .

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?