|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

December 7th, 2007, 22:06
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
but here is some from the last month …
Good God, man! Your eyeballs are surely about to explode!!

chamr

Mounted Highborn

December 7th, 2007, 22:45
Not if they are held in place by some glasses.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

December 7th, 2007, 22:51
how's shadowgrounds survivor mike. i've had it since it moved from preorder to available on totalgaming.net but haven't as of yet played it. but all of this aliens talk in another thread and the fact that the quadrilogy is on sale at fry's now for $15 bucks means i might be in need of an alien survival fix.

curiously undead

tuned to a different freq

December 8th, 2007, 03:44
It is bigger, better and badder than the original in every way … cool top down shooter. Minimal plot, maximal carnage!

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

December 8th, 2007, 06:31
As far as the Witcher goes, I have to say that in my point of view, it's worth every bit of praise it's getting here! I played it some more last night (up til 1am on a work night) and kept thinking to myself "..Good Lord of the Tigers! THIS GAME FRIGGEN ROCKS!!" Granted that I'm not very far into it, but Ive been spending a lot of time talking to everyone and really checking out and reading and looking at everything and playing all minigames and exploring every nook and cranny of the maps, this is an incredibly detailed game.

I wasnt really interested in alchemy at first, but now I'm totally into it, tho I'm speccing more warrior so I'm going to have to buy or score components another way. Nice looking game too, and runs good for as well as it looks, tho I have turned it down a bit, it still looks awesome.

Although I can say that the crypt experience was pretty funny, i expected the worst and went in loaded for bear. Talk about being all dressed up and nowhere to go, I ran around buffed a while after that one, first totally stomping the dudes at Mikuls post. The first time I had fought ghouls, it was a suprise attack on me walking into an abandoned house. It was one of those fights vs a new monster type where caught off guard (and still not 100% w/ combat system too), I got all the way down to practically dead, but I won. The ghoul hit the ground. It was exciting, my heart was pounding! The next house held 2 ghouls, and that's where I met my first death. So I went into that crypt with some paws of doom (and some more bronze talents) goin on….

chuckling to myself, "hmmm.. this is it?" ='.'=

Virtual Villagers going on here and at work. Ive got this one villager that's pissing me off because I cant get him to do anything! Unlike most titles where you can simply.. "deal" with unruly minions in some fashion, there's really nothing that I can do about this little cuss. Granted, he's only 14, but really that's no excuse when his peers his age are tending fields and doing research!
Last edited by xSamhainx; December 8th, 2007 at 06:53.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

December 8th, 2007, 14:55
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
It just gets worse and worse, too. When the critters get 200+hp, a battle takes "just a bit" longer, so that "one more battle before bedtime" decision involves a larger investment of time. Pretty soon, it's 4am and your eyes are crossed.
A similar thing happened to me last night with Evil Genius. *sigh*

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

December 9th, 2007, 03:36
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
As far as the Witcher goes, I have to say that in my point of view, it's worth every bit of praise it's getting here! I played it some more last night (up til 1am on a work night) and kept thinking to myself "..Good Lord of the Tigers! THIS GAME FRIGGEN ROCKS!!"
Yeah, I had the same thing happen in the crypt. Even the crypt boss was down in two Aard signs and a finisher. Ghouls are pretty easy, at least at this stage… I just moved into Chapter 2 last night so we'll see how that goes. I've also been losing some sleep on work nights because of this game.

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

December 9th, 2007, 04:14
Wait till you visit the Swamp!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

December 9th, 2007, 06:18
Went rooting thru my stack of games for something to play following Eschalon. But do I pick one of the 8 new ones waiting on my shelf? Not a chance. X2 for me, which is even more bizarre since X3 is one of the new ones. I wanted to fire up Space Rangers 2, but the idea of learning a new interface was simply too daunting for my tremendously lazy butt.

I am having a blast, though, so I guess it wasn't an all bad decision.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

December 9th, 2007, 10:05
Just finished Gods: Lands of Infinity. My expectations were pretty low, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's probably the best looking turn based RPG I've ever played. The graphics, artwork, and music are definitely its strong points, and on maximum difficulty I found it to be quite well balanced with some challenging battles.
On the downside, exploration is very limited, there isn't enough story or NPC interaction, and the game gets quite linear, particulary the second half.

Geist

Watchdog

December 9th, 2007, 11:27
@xSamhainx: it sounds like you just might want to start over at Hard difficulty — if you play it tactically (i.e., use potions and oils intelligently, pick your fights and so on), the fighting gets pretty easy for most of the game.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

December 9th, 2007, 14:29
Originally Posted by Geist View Post
Just finished Gods: Lands of Infinity. My expectations were pretty low, but I was pleasantly surprised.
I liked it as well - but the weird camera swinging around during battles I found annoying.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

December 9th, 2007, 16:53
The "Special Edition" of Gods: Land of Infinity isn't available here in Germany, alas !

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

December 9th, 2007, 18:52
@Alrik-sure it is, if you're willing to get the downloadable edition at totalgaming.

curiously undead

tuned to a different freq

December 10th, 2007, 01:30
I wrote a review of the game eons ago and found it an enjoyable romp with a few problems, some of which were addressed in the new edition!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

December 10th, 2007, 04:06
Whoohooo!! Just played through the first part (sewers) of Chapter 2 of The Witcher. Man, I thought Chapter 1 was cool, but this is just amazing. It's almost like watching a movie! The sewers are so detailed (graphically speaking). If any game is worthy of being called a work of art it's this one!… The cut-scene when Geralt first enters the sewer - priceless!

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

December 10th, 2007, 04:24
We're in the same spot. Usually sewers are lame, these are the prettiest sewers Ive ever seen! More suprising is how well it's running on my machine.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

December 10th, 2007, 04:29
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
More suprising is how well it's running on my machine.
I know I've asked you this before Sammy, but what are your specs?

JDR13

SasqWatch

December 10th, 2007, 06:06
Dell 8400 P4 3.4ghz 2GB ram 7600 GT 256mb

doesnt do bad, almost 3 years old

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

December 10th, 2007, 06:26
That's still a pretty fast system actually, the video card is the weak link.

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?