|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

November 13th, 2008, 23:10
Me and my cohabit are playing Little Big Planet. This is a really unique game. Whoever has a cohabit, wife or family who are into gaming, this is it… this is the one game you should have. There's really no other game like it out there. I cannot stress this enough, this is a really unique experience, and it's a whupping amount of fun.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

November 14th, 2008, 12:26
Originally Posted by Krzychu View Post
Well, at least they've kept the videos thing. I have one question though: are there any covert-like missions, where you have only a few troops or a hero (e.g. Tanya), as in the previous games?
Yes, you have such missions. I finished the path with the Sovjets and I'm now playing the allies. Left open the path of the Rising Sun.

so very, very tired (Star Trek XI quote according to the Simpsons)

Bartacus

BartWatch

November 16th, 2008, 04:43
Playing Tales of the Sword Coast right now, trying to finish up BG.

Karoug the Greater Werewolf (or was it wolf-were?) down, thanks to the silver dagger (nothing else would hit him!)

Next!

BTW - this whole excursion to the "wolfwere" island has got me thinking about this hilarious two-pager entitled
"DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: CELEBRATING 30 YEARS OF VERY STUPID MONSTERS."
I originally reported on page one, but now he's kicked up another page. Enjoy!

Part one

Part two: Bigger, Badder, and even more Retarded
Last edited by xSamhainx; November 16th, 2008 at 05:13.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

November 16th, 2008, 06:33
Awesome link Sammy, seeing that photo of the original D&D Monster Manual brings back a lot of memories.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 16th, 2008, 13:43
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
Part one
Part two: Bigger, Badder, and even more Retarded
Doh. After 3rd edition came about I tried to get into D&D and i kinda liked the FR settting because I found it well done… but having read the monster manuals beyond the first one, I felt more and more insulted…

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

November 17th, 2008, 08:51
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
Playing Tales of the Sword Coast right now, trying to finish up BG.
Damn. You remind me that I have yet to finish that one. I made it through BG without the expansion. I would have to restart from the beginning —- no saves anymore.

And still BG2 is also unfinished. Even without Throne of Baal. So much to play… so much to play.

I'm currently playing "Edna bricht aus" btw. A german adventure in Monkey Island 3 Style. Nice one. There is an english version as well I guess.

Manny Calavera: You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Rohal

Watcher

November 17th, 2008, 10:54
took the day off ToTSC to get back into Fallout 3. Didnt like how i surprisingly racked up tons of bad Karma for offing "the family" and ransacking their hideout. Werent they bad guys?? What's next, i have to shoot the breeze w/ the supermutants before should start plugging them..

Karma shmarma, you can have it

I really like the exploration in the game, having a good time just running around checking things out. I dont like the fire ants in this latest jaunt of my post-apocalyptic career tho. I want to melee them to conserve ammo, but theyre just too gnarly w/ their death breath. You can melee them if you get behind something and jump over them when they come around and pound on them from behind while doing the circle strafe thing. There can only be one at a time of course, and you need room to pull the maneuver. They seem pretty susceptible to explosives, but again, I dont want to waste all my stuff on a bunch of overgrown ants. Shooting them in the antennae doesnt do much, i end up empting my gun into them anyway. Might as well aim for th head from the get go.

Then me and my fiancee were playing Everquest II tonight for like 4 hours, having fun living out weird paralell universe versions of ourselves - I take a lot of damage and she heals me. Now if I could just really get my paws on the real world equivelent of some of those potions ='.'=

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

November 18th, 2008, 00:54
The 'family' are not necessarily bad guys, they just have a different 'lifestyle' and try to be 'good' within its restrictions. How's that for avoiding spoilers!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

November 18th, 2008, 21:33
My copy of King's Bounty arrived yesterday and I'm well-launched into my mage character—total blast. This is one of those games where everything gels—even though some of the dialogue is that lost in translation stuff that just sounds hilarious and you're not sure if that's because it's supposed to or if it's serious. For anyone who enjoys turn-based, this is highly recommended.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

November 29th, 2008, 11:50
Call of Duty: World at War.

Yeah yeah I know, I was supposed to start on Fallout 3 after finishing King's Bounty. I had a craving for some frantic WWII action though, and after I saw a few videos on Youtube, I was hooked.

I'm only on the second mission right now, but so far I can confirm that it definitely continues the excellence of the previous titles in the series.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 29th, 2008, 14:53
I was very disappointed with CoD:WaW, it has huge problems that didn't plague #4. The main ones are infinitely respawning enemies in far too many places and incredibly stupid AI, and on the higher difficulties getting pinned down without your teammates helping out at all also becomes a problem.

Me myself have just been persuaded to take up World of Warcraft again and try out Northrend, should be fun. (Titan's Grip, booya!(

Toaster

Sentinel

November 29th, 2008, 22:28
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
I was very disappointed with CoD:WaW, it has huge problems that didn't plague #4. The main ones are infinitely respawning enemies in far too many places and incredibly stupid AI, and on the higher difficulties getting pinned down without your teammates helping out at all also becomes a problem.
I'm on the 5th mission now and haven't encountered any those problems to that degree. The infinite respawning is the exact same as it's been from the very first game in the series. The AI is sub-par in a few places, the same way it is in all the COD games. Considering how many entities are on-screen at once, I don't think it's that bad.

It's definitely far better than MoH: Pacific Assault, which is the only other major WWII FPS that puts you on the Pacific Front.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 30th, 2008, 02:33
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
It's definitely far better than MoH: Pacific Assault, which is the only other major WWII FPS that puts you on the Pacific Front.
Yes, at least that's true.

Toaster

Sentinel

November 30th, 2008, 03:22
Been playing NWN2 Storm of Zehir though i got bored of it. Playing Mana Khemia on the ps2, absolutely loving it. Waiting for Mana Khemai 2.

Damian Mahadevan

Keeper of the Watch

November 30th, 2008, 07:32
ToEE, I'm at Nulb and very impressed so far. I installed the Co8 4.0 patch after coming across the loot bug rather early (the goblin across from Black Jay's) very few technical problems since.

Nice to be in Greyhawk again as I've not played in it since my pnp days say… 20 years ago. Scary.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

December 1st, 2008, 01:03
After floundering around for a while, I decided to "go casual". Reloaded Puzzle Quest, me did.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

December 1st, 2008, 01:27
I'm on the 5th mission now and haven't encountered any those problems to that degree. The infinite respawning is the exact same as it's been from the very first game in the series. The AI is sub-par in a few places, the same way it is in all the COD games. Considering how many entities are on-screen at once, I don't think it's that bad.

I think it is pretty solid as well - not up to CoD 4, but one of the better games in the franchise - I'd put it at 3rd behind the original and #4.

… and I thought MoH: PA was highly over-rated at 80% …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

December 1st, 2008, 01:41
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
Me and my cohabit are playing Little Big Planet. This is a really unique game. Whoever has a cohabit, wife or family who are into gaming, this is it… this is the one game you should have. There's really no other game like it out there. I cannot stress this enough, this is a really unique experience, and it's a whupping amount of fun.
Yes, and it would never ever ever ever be made for the PC. There's few things I currently believe THAT strongly.

Not for the mass-market definitively. The PC casual gamer's market is saturated with other games, imho.

We all live in an Age of Action(-Games).

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

December 1st, 2008, 04:42
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I think it is pretty solid as well - not up to CoD 4, but one of the better games in the franchise - I'd put it at 3rd behind the original and #4.

… and I thought MoH: PA was highly over-rated at 80% …

MOHA was terrible, nuff said. I've been waiting a long time for a good WWII FPS that puts you on the Pacific Front, and so far WaW is living up to my expectations.

As far as comparing it to CoD 4, I think it's kind of hard to even do that, considering how different they are. I'll hold my final judgement until I'm finished though. CoD 4 was great, but the single player campaign was so ridiculously short that I tend to think it was slightly overrated just because of the multiplayer.

JDR13

SasqWatch

December 1st, 2008, 12:56
CoD 4 was great, but the single player campaign was so ridiculously short that I tend to think it was slightly overrated just because of the multiplayer.
I certainly rail against the short SP games … but having just replayed the Mac version for review, CoD 4 plays better than CoD5 IMO. But CoD 5 is a very good FPS.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?