|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun - More Delays

Default Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun - More Delays

June 21st, 2011, 00:14
Remember Ossian's iDevice project, The Shadow Sun? Been delayed again, it seems:
We are pushing back the release of The Shadow Sun for a second time, this time until Fall 2011. The main reason for this is art, which has taken more time and more artists than we anticipated. The game is a monster in terms of art asset requirements, not just in the large amount that’s needed but also because everything in the game is made from scratch according to our design to suit the world’s flavour.

Production of things like monsters, characters, buildings, trees, props, and visual effects are all managed by Ossian’s art director, and not bought as generic assets from a digital store. And when it comes to the areas created for the game, every area made by our level design team is unique and never re-used. Interior areas for palaces, sewer dungeons, caves, taverns, and even peasant houses are all different. That kind of tailored attention takes time, with each area requiring props, collision, and lightmapping.

So rest assured, The Shadow Sun is coming. And we are doing our utmost to make it the highest quality game possible! We appreciate you hanging in there for its release.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 21st, 2011, 00:14
Ossian has hinted that they are considering an Android port. It's great news for people like me who use or are planning to use Android.

blackcanopus

Dark Sun

June 21st, 2011, 01:01
And when it comes to the areas created for the game, every area made by our level design team is unique and never re-used. Interior areas for palaces, sewer dungeons, caves, taverns, and even peasant houses are all different.
Bioware take note.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

June 21st, 2011, 05:00
I never caught on to gaming on a cell phone or any apple product. Doubt I ever will, Still wish them success as they said this game would help fund a future pc project.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

June 21st, 2011, 06:03
Hoping for a PC version someday. No interest in phone games.

DoctorNarrative

Patroling Written Words

June 21st, 2011, 07:07
The day this game comes out is the day I buy the iPad. The iPhone is too small and my fingers are too big for a game like this.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

June 21st, 2011, 10:24
The talk about art being the main reason for the dealy. Have any media of this game been released? I can't seem to find anyting on their homepage.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

June 21st, 2011, 12:09
If I was to game on a gadget, the iPad 2 would be my choice as of this moment.

I'm still waiting for a game that's not an archaic throwback or a cute little snack.

This game sounds pretty good, and I'd probably pick it up. I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about how it would play on a strong gaming platform - though.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

June 21st, 2011, 15:32
The Ossian forums mention a Witcher 1 expansion pack that was cancelled by CDP. Man, talk about the studio that can't catch a break… Glad to see Alan staying in the fight though.

Falchor

Sentinel

June 21st, 2011, 22:14
Originally Posted by skavenhorde View Post
The day this game comes out is the day I buy the iPad. The iPhone is too small and my fingers are too big for a game like this.
I was looking at the screenshots and going 'People are going to play this on a phone? Um, okay."

If they do an Android port I'll probably grab one of those pads I've been on the fence about for a while. Hopefully by then Google will get their stuff together and stop releasing 6 different versions a year of their operating system.

Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
The talk about art being the main reason for the dealy. Have any media of this game been released? I can't seem to find anyting on their homepage.
As in screenshots? There's some on the main page at http://www.ossianstudios.com/ if you scroll down to the October 5th update.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun - More Delays